A few questions bout the scorpion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A few questions bout the scorpion

I have been a chevy man 100% for years but since the last vehicle i got i have kinda started disliking chevy a lot. My car is always in the shop. The interior is falling apart. Way to much stuff to list. I am getting very tired of chevy's crappy vehicles. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he was telling me about the new super duty with the scorpion diesel in it. It sounded very enticing. So I started looking up on the net about this truck. Been watching a lot of videos and stuff about it and im hooked. I have decided to get the f250 and do a few mods to it but when i started looking everything up. There wasn't really anything out for it. I plan on buying one in October. Do yall think there will be anything out for it then. Im wanting to put twin turbos with a chip and a few other things to reach about 1k hp and a ungodly amount of torque how long do yall think it will be before there will be anything out like that for the scorpion. Im still trying to make up my mind on exactly i want to do to the truck. All i know is im getting one. Any information would be nice. Thanks in advance. Hopefully get some good advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2010, 10:34 AM

Go test drive one, you'll be even more hooked haha. I have a hard time believing anything over prob a 250-275 tune would be needed to keep people happy. That thing pulls like a train from any speed, no lag or anything. Test drove one a couple days ago and got on it from a bunch of different speeds and every time, instant response. Damn thing feels like it wants to break the tires loose just making a left turn at a light haha. But back to your original questions, all the major tuners are working on tunes for them, Spartan should be really close, aftermarket parts are a given since it's a Ford. Only thing yet to be seen is how they'll hold up when tuned, etc.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:37 AM

i kinda cant test drive one right now. Im in the middle east right now but when i get back i plan on it tho. Thanks for the help
Old 06-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

trust me you won't need twin turbo set up with this truck when the tunes come out and properly tuned you'll see over 900 horse and over 1700 ft lbs of torque only issue you'll need it to find a tranmission that won't jump out of there and cry uncle
Old 06-24-2010, 06:07 AM

o wow thats awesome ill have the xmsn rebuilt so it will handle it
Old 06-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenubsterman View Post
trust me you won't need twin turbo set up with this truck when the tunes come out and properly tuned you'll see over 900 horse and over 1700 ft lbs of torque only issue you'll need it to find a tranmission that won't jump out of there and cry uncle
900hp with just a tune?.. i see 650hp being possible with a tune but to get more than that it's gonna need more air and more fuel by way of a modded turbo and cp4..

the great rthing about these engine?.. the technologies already here for 900-1200hp.. like injectors, dual fuelers,ect. all the aftermarket companies have to do is re tool a little bit and we'll have a plethora of aftermarket goodies.

now the transmission?.. i firmly believe it'll handle an aggressive tune, modded (bag of parts) cp4, and modded turbo no problem.. ford stated they built it to handle 1450 ft/lbs torque no problem.. so another words 1600+ ft/lbs torque should be no problem with just a little tranny tuning, valve body work and maybe a torque convertor..
Old 06-24-2010, 10:26 AM

sweet that sounds awesome i think i picked a great truck to have a lil fun with thanks for the info it is seemin to me its gunna be alot cheaper in the long run for the 1k hp than any other truck we will jus have to wait and see and once i get it built ill post some vids of my truck stompin a mudhole in a ricer or maybe a duramax
Old 06-24-2010, 04:17 PM

i'm just going by people who've dynoed them and it was stock system i believe
Old 06-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.c View Post
i kinda cant test drive one right now. Im in the middle east right now but when i get back i plan on it tho. Thanks for the help
Just wanted to say THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR ME
Old 06-25-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittcs View Post
Just wanted to say THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING FOR ME
Perzactly... you are in our prayers. You have our appreciation....

...bump....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.