Noob with question: How long a wait? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Noob with question: How long a wait?

WTK: what kind of wait will I have for a special ordered F250?

8' bed supercab F250 lariat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 09:14 PM

To my knowledge its been anywhere from 5 or 6 weeks being the shortest and up to 15/16. Me personally its been 6 so far. ETA two weeks ago said June 14th. So we will see monday where it is
Old 06-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes, that seems to be the range... The 8' bed/supercab combination seems to be the unusual but I need the length and the extra fuel capacity is nice to have
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I generally find that from ordering to the actual date of build can vary. However, it is usually anywhere between a 4-6 to 6-8 wk turnaround from allocation date. And to reference your supercab l/b statement, on my lot, almost all of my supercabs are long beds--more contractors need the bed space.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4 Fiend View Post
I generally find that from ordering to the actual date of build can vary. However, it is usually anywhere between a 4-6 to 6-8 wk turnaround from allocation date. And to reference your supercab l/b statement, on my lot, almost all of my supercabs are long beds--more contractors need the bed space.

that is good to know... up here, I have not seen a single long bed supercab on any lot I have looked at

If you have a tuxedo black/grey two tone lariat with 3.55/20" wheels on the lot, LMK
Old 06-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron163 View Post
that is good to know... up here, I have not seen a single long bed supercab on any lot I have looked at

If you have a tuxedo black/grey two tone lariat with 3.55/20" wheels on the lot, LMK
I only had the one 6.7L (which I sold 2 days after we got it). If you want, I would gladly order one for you, (if you haven't already)--just let me know what you want, I'll spec it out... you know how it works. If that can work for you--
Old 06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4 Fiend View Post
I only had the one 6.7L (which I sold 2 days after we got it). If you want, I would gladly order one for you, (if you haven't already)--just let me know what you want, I'll spec it out... you know how it works. If that can work for you--
I have the one all spec.'d out on order w/ my dealer so I will decline your offer but thank you anyway.

the ambiguity about the delivery dates is frustrating... I just need to be patient and maybe Christmas will come early this year
Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron163 View Post
I have the one all spec.'d out on order w/ my dealer so I will decline your offer but thank you anyway.

the ambiguity about the delivery dates is frustrating... I just need to be patient and maybe Christmas will come early this year
Keep in mind, they may not have mentioned this--there is/was a shortage of parts for the 4x4--that to the best of my knowledge hasn't yet been resolved. (It may have--I don't know for sure). That may be the reason for the ambiguity about the order time. Either way, I'm glad to offer my services to anyone here--need to find or want to buy; I'm your guy.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

when I did the build at the dealer, a couple of things came up on hold... one was a rear window defroster???? I was lead to understand that an order could not be accepted if the build included items on hold
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No, an order can be processed--however it will be held up in the order bank until such time as the parts are available. ( I ordered a hybrid escape for a guy that took 6 months--but that was b/c the company that makes the manifold is the only company that does, and seemingly utilizes oompa loompas to make it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.