Test Drive Advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Test Drive Advice

Here is a tip for you guys test driving these trucks - - - DO NOT allow the salesman to "sync" your cell phone to the test truck for a demo on that system. Mine did but I bought a different truck after the test drive (color choice) so when they synced my phone to the second truck that I did buy, my phone now asks which truck to sync to every time I get in. It has become a real pain in the ***!! AND, I can't get my phone to forget the first truck so it looks like I will have to make a trip to the phone store to get that cleared up!! In the meantime - I do not have the Sync feature of my new truck working. If I take the few minutes to get it to work when I get in the truck, it seems to be a nice feature and I wish it would work automaticly like it is supposed to.

Just don't let any salesman mess with your phone during a test drive.

mowdoc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010, 04:06 AM

When I went to look at them the guy did sync my iPhone to the truck we were test driving, but I made sure he deleted my phone from the sync memory.

You should go by there and see if the first truck is still there and delete your phone if it is.

Mark
Old 05-26-2010, 05:05 AM

Go into your phone setting for bluetooth and just delete the first truck.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 AM

That sounds easy but it doesn't work on the Verizon Droid. It is another subject but just let me say that the Droid is the weakest excuse for a phone I ever saw. A real POS.

The first truck is sold now, I tried that idea.

Verizon says they can get all my bluetooth components deleted so I can start over again if I bring the phone to the store (they were unsuccessful over the phone). Then if I can get my truck to forget the pairing it has in memory I will be able to get things working. I think what I will do is get a different phone and ditch this Droid crap then clear the truck and start fresh.

Bottom line is - - - don't let some salesman mess with your phone on a test drive. (and stay away from the Verizon Droids)

mowdoc
Old 05-26-2010, 05:48 AM

But with a droid you can 'unpair' a device. So try that and then search for your truck and it should work.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
My Driod allows me to unpair and delete devices just fine. You should be able to do that in the bluetooth menu.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:35 AM

Like I said, it sounds easy but in the real world it does not work (at least not on my Droid). If that worked, I would not be on here telling people to keep the salesmen away from thier phones.

History;
I bought my Droid the day they came out. The salespeople had just completed training and seemed pretty smart on the new product.
I returned to the store for a class 3 days later on how to use my Droid. I was having trouble getting my email to work on the Droid.
At the class 3 techs in the store plus two more techs by phone, one from HTC and one from Cox Communications (my ISP), spent almost 3 hours getting my email to work. By now, I had missed all the class training. They still could not get the Droid to voice dial from bluetooth and I went home.

A couple days later they called me to say that HTC had decided the Droid Eris did not have the capibility to voice dial via bluetooth. By now my Droid had started failing to connect with my gmail account so back to the store I went. They never did get that to work ever again. It will not recognize the password. They tried a new account but no worky. Not on my phone.

I limped by without these features until I test drove the Powerstroke. That is when the salesman wanted to show me the sync feature of the truck. It took him several tries and about 20 minutes but he got it to work. It was nice once he got it working. We only used it that one time in that truck. I would bet my phone will not link to that truck again if I could find the truck.

I bought a different truck so when they delivered it to me they wanted to set up the sync. This took over an hour and many tries but they got it going. I did not try to use it until the next day however. It would not link up without forcing it to manually. It is that way every time now. Since that sync, my bluetooth headset has never linked without forcing it either. If I want to use anything via bluetooth, I have to go in and manually force the connect.

I have talked to Verizon and they walk me thru the set up but my phone will not "remember" what we teach it and the next time I want to go with a bluetooth item I have to force the connect. They want me to bring it to the store but when I get time to do that I will be getting a different phone. I am full of this Droid crap.

I work with dirty/greasy hands a lot so I wear a bluetooth headset most of the time at work (or I did until the test drive). With my old phone I could answer and make calls without getting the phone out of my holster or even touching it. I take calls from all over the country from people needing my advice at work so the Droid has to go so I can get back to the headset.

Now, I figure if all those smart people at Verizon can't get my gmail to work and they can't seem to talk me thru a simple bluetooth pairing that will continue to work more than once, I must have a real POS device. Don't you think??

And why on earth would HTC build a phone that is "going to do everything" except voice dial via bluetooth??

Naw, you can spend all day typing your fixes for this POS but I'm still getting rid of it as soon as I can get the time to shop. There may be thousands of these Droids working in the field but mine does not, and many highly trained people can't seem to get it to either. I am sure thy will say my phone has issues and offer me a new Droid but since HCT admits the Droid Eris can't voice dial via bluetooth, I don't want another Droid. I never would have bought this POS if I had been told it was not capible.

Thanks for your help guys but my Droid's days are numbered!!

Just keep the Ford salemen away from your phones on test drives. A lot of my issues compounded when he synced me to the second truck.

mowdoc
Old 05-27-2010, 03:59 AM

This story gets ever better now . . . . . . . .
Yesterday afternoon the Droid wanted to do a software update, It said it would download the new software and would not be able to be used for aprox 30 minutes while the download was in progress. I give it the go-ahead and when it finished the update . . . . . . . . . . .

it had lost all my contacts!!! Yep, all 375 of them. No phone numbers, no names, no email adresses . . . nothing.

I went back to the store and explained what happened. The tech said mine was the second one he had seen do this that day. He thought he could recover the contacts via gmail account until he realized gmail did not work either. After messing with the Droid for 12 minutes he looked at me and said this phone had some serious problems and was going to replace it with a new phone. Ya, Ya, that's all nice and everything but what about all my contacts?? He started the procedure to get my gmail going by contacting gmail himself. He thinks he can get me going Friday evening. We'll see.

So, for you guys that are lucky enough to own one of these fine Droids I wish you all the luck in the world. You will need it. I have been carring a cell phone since they came in duffle bags (remember those) and this Droid is by far, the biggest POS I have ever had the misfourtune of being stuck with.

At least I'll have a brand new Droid to use for target practice this weekend!! I pick that one up Friday night, and I blow the crap out of it Saturday!!! Sounds like a plan.

mowdoc
Old 05-27-2010, 05:56 AM

nice truck and crapy phone sorry to hear that. was looking into one of those but will not get one now thanks for the update!!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:51 AM

maybe it is operator error? I am on my second one since they have came out. first one went for a swim. and i have no problems with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.