Test drove one yesterday... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Test drove one yesterday...

Yesterday my step-dad and I went to the local Ford dealership to try out the new 6.7L powerstroke. I asked the salesman if he had one in stock and he said they did and that they just got it in yesterday but it was in their secondary lot.

We drove over there in a 2010 6.4L to compare the expierience when we drove the 6.7L. Since we had to go back to the dealership the saleman allowed us to follow him while he drove the 2010 back. Since he wasn't in the truck when we drove back I told my step-dad to step on it and the truck just flew. I could feel the sheer amount of power the motor produced and it was impressive to say the least. When we came to a stop light he let the salesman get ahead and gunned it for a second and the tires chirped before letting off. I asked if that was full throttle to which he replied "no, if it was the tires would be smoking right now." I also felt how smooth she rode, especially for being a truck. Now I did ride to the dealership in a late 99' F250 and in comparison it felt like the 6.7L was just gliding across the ground.

After driving the 6.7 we hopped into a 2010 Cummins and it was no comparison, the power was lacking and so was the quality of the ride. Not to mention the new ford felt comfortable to sit in even when it wasn't driving, as for the dodge it felt disconnected. I will reserve my judgement though as it was a 2010 model and not the 2011. As for now though,
InfamousLegend97 is offline  
post #2 of 12 Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Serving Our Country!
 
Cutty72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fishing country
Posts: 409
Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can't wait... 2 more days before I can get in one of these rigs for a ride!

Then just gotta find a bank to rob to pay for it...

'01 F250 Lariat Crew Shortbed
Tunes by Swamps
4" Turbo back MBRP w/ muffler
GTP38R
6637 intake

3662 Maintenance Company Supply NCO
Cutty72 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 05-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 436
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
I can't wait... 2 more days before I can get in one of these rigs for a ride!

Then just gotta find a bank to rob to pay for it...
Hehe. I'm holding out for a big lottery win myself.

2006 F250 4x4 PSD, SC/SB, White - XLT
Sport Package, FX4, S&B CAI.

gottabadf250 is offline  
post #4 of 12 Old 05-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Galveston, TX
Posts: 202
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousLegend97 View Post
Yesterday my step-dad and I went to the local Ford dealership to try out the new 6.7L powerstroke. I asked the salesman if he had one in stock and he said they did and that they just got it in yesterday but it was in their secondary lot.

We drove over there in a 2010 6.4L to compare the expierience when we drove the 6.7L. Since we had to go back to the dealership the saleman allowed us to follow him while he drove the 2010 back. Since he wasn't in the truck when we drove back I told my step-dad to step on it and the truck just flew. I could feel the sheer amount of power the motor produced and it was impressive to say the least. When we came to a stop light he let the salesman get ahead and gunned it for a second and the tires chirped before letting off. I asked if that was full throttle to which he replied "no, if it was the tires would be smoking right now." I also felt how smooth she rode, especially for being a truck. Now I did ride to the dealership in a late 99' F250 and in comparison it felt like the 6.7L was just gliding across the ground.
I drove one too without the dealer and I did a 4hi launch on a lot of boost...but I wasn't impressed at all...it was definitely quite though

2003 F150 Lightning- Whipple 3.4l 659rwhp 711rwtq @18psi on 93

2008 F250 FX4- afe stage II, 5" Flo Pro, Elite- egr delete/wastegate/4" downpipe/cfm+/ported fuel rails
Innovative XRace-12.81@103.9; H&S Hot Damn- 13.13 @ 101.4 556 rwhp (Traded In)

2011 F150 King Ranch- Custom Status Air Suspension, 3-link (lays frame)
REDL1NE is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 05-16-2010, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDL1NE View Post
I drove one too without the dealer and I did a 4hi launch on a lot of boost...but I wasn't impressed at all...it was definitely quite though
You secretly a Chevy fan?
InfamousLegend97 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Haha no look at his Sig! Its because he drives a 550+ RWHP 08

1997 CC LB

Racers Edge Az.....Dont Be scared!

flippincgfighter is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 05-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
MrAnderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arab, AL
Posts: 136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
and a whippled lightning.
MrAnderson is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 05-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 436
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i drove one i wasnt near as impressed with the 6.7 psd as i was the 6.4 to me it seemed to have lower end grunt
CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unless you boys are running some crazy configurations on your truck, I don't understand why you can't be impressed. The power curve for the new 6.7 is above any of the older trucks.
InfamousLegend97 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 05-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Rutcutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUMMINS FIREFIGHTER View Post
i drove one i wasnt near as impressed with the 6.7 psd as i was the 6.4 to me it seemed to have lower end grunt
True the 6.7L has a ton more grunt on the bottom over the 6.4L..

16' F350 6.7L
White Platinum
Lariat Ultimate Pkg.
Warn GenII winch mount
Smitty Built 12k winch
2"Leveling kit
Dual Rancho steering Stabilizers
Toyo 35/12.50/20's MT's

11 SD F350 6.7L(SOLD)
08 F250 4x4 (SOLD)
06 F250 FX4 (Traded)
Pics http://community.webshots.com/user/hdsilverado
Rutcutter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome