Something's Strange...2011 price experience - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Something's Strange...2011 price experience

Went into a local dealor today and was looking at a $64k sticker KR, so pretty outfitted. I told the salesman this was a no bargaining deal and asked for it at invoice plus rebates. He stated they wouldn't do that. I told him to go ask and he promptly came back from the sales managers office with the sales manager in tow. The sales manager said "thank you for your offer we'll take it". So that makes the price now $59k per the invoice. With TTL it's just under 65k.

To me a couple things here:

is that a fake invoice amount?

If it's legit, why did they agree so quick? I think it may be legit as I had a couple other local dealors print me other invoices for similar equipped trucks and they're pretty similar in price.

Still a damn expensive truck, don't know if I can justify. I mean they will absolutely blowout 6.4's. Obviously they have to as the 6.7 is superior in every way but price.

I was so amped on buying this truck and the fact they caved so quick made me walk away and think about it. It made me want to wait for another year for the big rebates.

Obviously there is a limited market for 60k pickups but this is S. California and there's plenty of money around.

Strange to anyone else? This whole thing just caught me off guard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

5K off a $64K truck....not strange to me only an idiot would buy a truck a MSRP.....
Old 05-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You needed to ask what invoice. Was it a Dealer invoice or a Factory invoice? You'll find the 2 totals quite different. Im sure it was Dealer invoice and they're still making a killing off of you. Factory invoice will be cheaper then that..If you do your homework on the computer, hopefully you can find those numbers. Then you go back to the Dealership armed with those!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Serving Our Country!

What you need to know is the dealer incentives, ford kicks back amounts on certain vehicles to dealers. I would say that amount is pretty good right now as Ford wants to get as many of these trucks on the road as possible to help sales.
Think about this, why would a dealer sell a truck at invoice and make no money at all, they wouldn't? There is also money to be made in the back end, ext warrenty, financing, service, after market, ect....

Trust me they made their money on the truck!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Dealerships actually make more profit on parts, service and used cars than they do on selling a brand-new vehicle. Throw in extended warranties, pinstripes, dealer prep/processing, "rustproofing" and other ancillary charges.....and then you will understand how they can afford those free hot dogs, baloons and cups of soda.

The last thing they want you to do is pay cash and not have a trade-in.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

^^^ That is exactly correct. Quite often they will make next to nothing on a new rig.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 PM

Yup, that all makes sense. Good call on the two invoices. The one they presented me showed the "invoice price" dealor holdback, a/d/z plan pricing, x plan pricing.

Withe the economy the way it is it makes me kind of want to wait until later in the year, as I'm sure there will be a significant number of these pretty expensive trucks that haven't been scooped up.

And yes I agree, that at this stage, that deal offered appears to be about as good as it gets.

Thx
Old 05-10-2010, 06:12 PM

But you gotta love the baloons.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:55 PM

I test drove one today loaded to the hilt... 2011 f350(non dually) that the window sticker was 57,900 and i got them down to 52,500 before my trade So after trading my 2006 with 136,000 miles i walk out the door with a 2011 owing $46,500........(i owed $13,000 on the 06)....
Old 05-10-2010, 07:08 PM

The X plan price is $250 under thier actual cost, as per Fords employee web site.
So if they showed you the X plan price offer them that plus $250 minus rebates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.