Hand Calculated Mileage figures, post them here! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Hand Calculated Mileage figures, post them here!

This info is from last week:

here are my figures.

went 292.3 miles filled up with 17.77 gallons equal to 16.375 thats with a mix of city and interstate driving.

The computer said 17.2 mpg, told me I has used 16.69 gallons of fuel and it had been on for 8.47 hours.

also for those who asked about fill up time, it took .32 gallons after the first click to top it off.

I am going about 400 miles tomorrow gonna set the cruise at 70 and see what it will do.

Post up your hand calculated numbers, FWIW, my truck has almost 1200 miles on it.

Info from Today

I went 192.4 at apprx 70 mph with 1 regen and filled up today with 11.13 gallons, figure to be 17.28 mpg.

The computer is was 3.54 hours. said I used 10.7 gallons and it had an average MPG of 18.0 at the tine of fillup..

If the regen didn't happen, mileage would have been much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 12:13 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"I went 192.4 at apprx 70 mph with 1 regen and filled up today with 11.13 gallons, figure to be 17.28 mpg."

Wow, that is pretty darn good. Considering my 6.4 would run about 13.5.

Imagine running 55 - 60 MPH, it might push 20??
Old 05-10-2010, 12:47 PM

I got 18.2 mpg..........with my 2011 it is a F350 Crew cab King Ranch 4x4 6-speed auto and 3.73's

This was hand calculated.

Aaron
Old 05-10-2010, 06:35 PM

I have about 2200 miles on mine, my avg since purchase is 13.4, I have 91 hrs on the engine, idling is at 43 hrs I think (mobile office). Tomorrow A.M. I have about 200+ mile rt, will hand calculate and post. Idling, hard acceleration (break'n er in) I am still filling up way less than my beloved 6.4.

(Added 2 gallons of DEF today, per the manual. Pick up a gallon at the dealer, they have a funnel/straw system that keeps you from overfilling and potentially damaging the tank. It was handy in adding the DEF.)
Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 PM

I want one, This will help with the 5 dollar fuel we are going to see.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

18.6 on 800 miles of hilly interstate drving with a 2011 f250 4x4 KR 20 in wheels with the 3.55 rear end. Kept the speed under 73
Old 05-11-2010, 03:40 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abrannan19
Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
I have about 2200 miles on mine, my avg since purchase is 13.4, I have 91 hrs on the engine, idling is at 43 hrs I think (mobile office). Tomorrow A.M. I have about 200+ mile rt, will hand calculate and post. Idling, hard acceleration (break'n er in) I am still filling up way less than my beloved 6.4.

(Added 2 gallons of DEF today, per the manual. Pick up a gallon at the dealer, they have a funnel/straw system that keeps you from overfilling and potentially damaging the tank. It was handy in adding the DEF.)
did you get some type of warning in the dash that told you to add DEF, or did you just read that in the manual?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
did you get some type of warning in the dash that told you to add DEF, or did you just read that in the manual?

On the dash, gauge area you click on "Information", scroll to 'exhaust fluid', push the right side of the pad and it will either say 'exhaust fluid okay', or 'less than 1/2 full'. I checked the manual, it said to add two gallons.
I think my excessive idling does not help...

I did my round trip today, 90% freeway, about 10% city, kept the freeway speed at 73 cruise control on 1-2 percent grades, rolling hills. First leg before stopping, idling, truck said used 4.3 gallons and avg was 15.9. Hand calculated was 4.2 gallons avg 16.05.

On the way back, dropped it to 68 cruise control, 10% city, stopped for an hour, stop and go on city/country roads. Truck said 17.9, hand calculated is 17.08 miles per gallon. Was 18.1 prior to exiting freeway.

I am almost at 2300 miles I think for 13 days, fuel expense has dropped noticeably.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:18 PM

This sounds pretty sweet!
What kind of HP/torque are these engines putting out?
Also,what is this DEF additive?What does it do?
Sorry for the dumb questions-still in old school!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:02 AM

Only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

DEF is short for Diesel Exhaust Fluid. DEF is liquid urea that is held in a special tank on the new 6.7 powerstrokes. If you open the fuel door you will see two filler caps. The large one is diesel and the small one is DEF.

DEF is used by the truck on demand to clean the exhaust filter it has onboard for smog emissions. I guess this really works because at 700 miles I can wipe my finger on the inside of the pipes and it comes up clean!! No soot at all yet.

I believe the DEF tank holds about 5 gallons of liquid urea and is supposed to last longer than the oil change will. You refill it when you do the oil service on the diesel. The book says you will get a warning when it is low but if you refill when you do oil change it should not bother you at all.

In the performance forum for the 6.7 there is a dyno sheet posted from a stock 6.7 and it is very impressive. 301hp and 603 lbs AT THE WHEELS on a bone stock truck is nothing to laugh at!!

mowdoc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.