Clueless sales guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clueless sales guys

I know this has been discussed here before, but it is absolutely amazing how clueless the sales guys are that are trying to help you make an "informed" decision on a new truck.

I went to a lot to look at the 2011s and acted as if I knew nothing about the superduty for the first few minutes. I asked him why Ford went back to a single turbo instead of the dual they had before. I almost fell over when he said "the engineers found that to be better". I can't make this up, folks!!

They only had a few on the lot so we went in to see if he could find one close to do a dealer swap for. I told him I really like the tailgate step on my current truck, so be sure to look for that. He printed off a few window stickers and brought them to me. He said "see here...locking removable tailgate with lift-assist...that's the step" Well, I finally had enough and proceeded to educate him about all the BS he was feeding me and told him to go to this website and read for a while so he would know what he was talking about.

I could go on and on about the crap he was saying, but you get the picture.

You would think Ford would make sure these morons know more about their vehicles. And to be fair, I'm sure there are some that do their homework, but I haven't run into one yet.

Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM

Yea, it's like that in every industry though. Especially those run by the uncle sam
Old 05-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Agreed.

When I bought my wife's Mariner I had a know it all salesman who had "just came back from a class" on the Mariner. Needless to say he must have been the bozo sitting in the back flipping pencils at the hot chicks because he didn't know much at all about it.

I went to another dealership and the difference was night and day with salesmen. I bought the Mariner there and have no regrets.

Makes you wonder what the interview process is to become a salesman, huh?
Old 05-05-2010, 03:25 PM

I work in auto insurance and you would be surprised at how little they know about what they sell. And of course I get to clean up their messes most of the time.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottabadf250 View Post
Makes you wonder what the interview process is to become a salesman, huh?
I'm guessing its not much different than an interveiw by obama for a "new" czar position

I've never found one that knew a damn thing about the vehicles I was looking at . I went to the dealer today, to look at one with my buddy, not one vulture pounced on us to ask us if we wanted anything. We were more than
Old 05-05-2010, 03:48 PM

Well, at my dealer I had to configure my 2011 using the Ford order guide since they couldn't get all of the correct option codes. No problem, they went from MSRP to invoice +$500 since I wad doing the "selling" and order processing. Just wait until the F&I guy meets me...Another dealer's sales guy taklked to me for 10 minutes and never offered me his business card so that he could sell me a $65k truck. He just walked away even after I told him that I wanted to trade my 08 in on a 2011 F350 KR. Really makes you wonder how some of these folks put food on the table.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

The wife and i were looking at ford five hundreds one day and we had a guy tell us that the one we were driving had the cvt trans. He said "feel how smooth this thing shifts, thats the cvt transmission". Yeah THE CVT DOESN'T SHIFT! The car had a 6spd in it. Crazy how some of these guys make a living.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:58 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I went to my local ford dealership about two months ago looking for a nice 6.0, when I told the salesman that, he asked me if I wanted NEW or USED. After about 45 seconds of silence and looking at him, I told him to get me someone else or I would never go back.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:33 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

Oh thats knowledge at its finest. Last year my brother went to test drive a 6.4 and the sales guy crabbed the keys to one and they took it out for a test drive. My bro said man this thing is quiet, is it really a diesel? The guy says oh yeah these things are super quiet. My bro looked at the window sticker and it said 6.8 V10! He walked away when they got back.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:26 PM

honestly, the FMC certify and train most salespeople. I was lucky enough to sit in one for the 2011 6.7 and I can say that the info is given. Sales people are like students, some listen and some don't
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.