Went for a ride in a 2011 6.7! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 08:30 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Went for a ride in a 2011 6.7!

Today I went for a ride in a 2011 F-250 Lariat Ultimate package, tri-coat, short bed, crew cab, srw. Dealer had 2, a black F-250 Lariat and the white one I drove

Holy fuk what a nice *** truck!! I am VERY impressed with it! I was only able to drive it for 5 minutes, but I'll give you my first impressions of it. Power wise, there is gobbs of it!! I could squeal the tires in 1st and 2nd gear. Power is almost instant at WOT, it takes about a second for the computer to think and decide what to do. At any other throttle position, the power is instant and ready to be used, very responsive throttle!! Its like driving a gasser, the power right there when you hit the throttle, but only with a sh*t load more power. There is also a nice little turbo whistle, quieter than a 6.0 but louder than a 6.4, sounds nice.

Brakes worked great, felt a little soft (I'm assuming because the F-250 has vacuum brakes, if I got one it would have to be a 350 because of the hydra-boost in them). It was 50 degrees outside and the truck hadn't been started as the dealer just opened up. The was absolutely NO wait time for the glow plugs, just hop in and turn the key without waiting. Pretty amazing.

Steering was very smooth and light, made it very easy to maneuver. At highway speeds, steering felt like it was suppose to, it didn't feel sensitive like others have said but it was easy to turn then the 6.0 and 6.4.

Interior was absolutely AWESOME! Very comfortable and QUIET! Oh my hell is it ever quiet, you would never believe you were riding in a truck. There was hardly any wind noise and the only intrusive sound was the engine when you jumped on it. Everything on the dash was put in a good location and easily accessible. Seats were comfy. Ride was very smooth.

I really liked this truck, if I had the money I would be all over this thing! It pulls really hard! Lots of low end torque. It does start to run out of power in the high RPM, should pull pretty good using the manual shift and keeping it around 2000-2400 RPM. Appearance is just wonderful, alot better in person than photo's. Rims look great. She stickered at 60 grand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 08:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh yeah, here is the video I took of the test drive. Just uploaded it to Youtube. Its kinda bad quality and hard to hear, so turn you volume up! To put into perspective of how quiet this truck is, the blinker is loud compared to the engine noise! Towards the end of the video, watch for the traction control coming on by the RPM gauge, it was squealing the tires in 1st and 2nd before trasction control came on! Also, sorry for the long blinker part! LOL!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.