2011 Super Duty Sneak Peek - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 Super Duty Sneak Peek

My local dealership has a 2011 Super Duty event today, to get a "sneak peek" and a chance to win a 42" TV and $10K in Ford accessories.

Does anyone have any specific questions they want asked? Any requests on details, specific pics? I won't be crawling on the ground looking under the truck, so don't ask for any pics of anything under neath.

They are claiming one of the first dealers in the country to offer a sneak peek. I'll report my impressions tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 AM

i wanted to order a 2011... dealer two weeks ago said he'd know something in a few days about eta.. still nothing. Im just scrapping the idea of a 2011 f550 crew cab since we'd never have it for the spring period.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 AM

What kind of tv????
Old 03-23-2010, 06:22 AM

OK, they had a pre-production truck there. It was an XLT with FX4 trim package, F350 6.7 Diesel. He has driven it for almost 2 months, mainly between St. Louis, Chicago and Milwaukee.

It didn't have the 4" LCD, but not a big deal. All the trucks delivered to this particular dealership will have the 4" LCD

The truck sounded NICE!! Probably not good for the people who like the clack of a diesel.

The locking differential, looks sweet!! I wish my '08 had that.

One new thing I did not know about, but sounds great is the oil life monitoring system. The system monitors how the vehicle has been driven and will tell you when the oil needs to be driven. It can range from 4,000 miles under severe conditions to 15,000 under really light conditions.

The average MPG's that he has seen is 18 MPG. He said he drives the truck hard!! With lots of Chicago traffic. And to take into consideration that he doesn't have to pay for fuel, so he doesn't look to get good MPG's.

DEF, I won't re-hash all we've heard about alarms etc. It is true, that the truck will shut down if you go too long without filling. One interesting thing is there is a one time "reset", which he called a mulligan. You can reset it and override the system to drive the vehicle to somewhere you can fill up with DEF.

Ford was going to make the decision last night to release the truck for sale or not. I haven't looked to see if they did release it to be sold or not. This particular dealership was looking to get the new trucks to be delivered in the next 2 - 3 weeks if Ford released the trucks for sale last night.

One thing that he did say. Ford understands they have put out some questionable Diesel products in the last few years. So they know they need to hit this one out of the park.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelendy View Post
OK, they had a pre-production truck there. It was an XLT with FX4 trim package, F350 6.7 Diesel. He has driven it for almost 2 months, mainly between St. Louis, Chicago and Milwaukee.

It didn't have the 4" LCD, but not a big deal. All the trucks delivered to this particular dealership will have the 4" LCD

The truck sounded NICE!! Probably not good for the people who like the clack of a diesel.

The locking differential, looks sweet!! I wish my '08 had that.

One new thing I did not know about, but sounds great is the oil life monitoring system. The system monitors how the vehicle has been driven and will tell you when the oil needs to be driven. It can range from 4,000 miles under severe conditions to 15,000 under really light conditions.

The average MPG's that he has seen is 18 MPG. He said he drives the truck hard!! With lots of Chicago traffic. And to take into consideration that he doesn't have to pay for fuel, so he doesn't look to get good MPG's.

DEF, I won't re-hash all we've heard about alarms etc. It is true, that the truck will shut down if you go too long without filling. One interesting thing is there is a one time "reset", which he called a mulligan. You can reset it and override the system to drive the vehicle to somewhere you can fill up with DEF.

Ford was going to make the decision last night to release the truck for sale or not. I haven't looked to see if they did release it to be sold or not. This particular dealership was looking to get the new trucks to be delivered in the next 2 - 3 weeks if Ford released the trucks for sale last night.

One thing that he did say. Ford understands they have put out some questionable Diesel products in the last few years. So they know they need to hit this one out of the park.

Have you heard if they released them yet or not?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:54 AM

You are not going to get 18mpg's unless you are idleing down a 18 mile hill. 400hp, 8k weight does not equal 18mpg. Maybe you can get 18 in a 7.3 non turbo.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Berm Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mins View Post
You are not going to get 18mpg's unless you are idleing down a 18 mile hill. 400hp, 8k weight does not equal 18mpg. Maybe you can get 18 in a 7.3 non turbo.
most of them guys testing the trucks claimed over 20mpg. I dont see 18mpg being a problem at all.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:35 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mins View Post
We regularly get 18 mpg highway with my old mans 02 7.3L with a 6 speed.

And yes, that's hand calculated.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:37 AM

High pressure multi injection system, (GM also using identical) will make the difference in mpgs, no more beautiful (but expensive) black smoke, instead will be exchanged for tq/hp. The market states that performance sells, it will be a balancing act between performance/economy. However when I chipped my 7.3 for more hp, my mileage went up, when I drove it like a ...a.... well reasonable. So better performance really is better use of fuel.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutcutter View Post
Have you heard if they released them yet or not?
No. The only way I will know now is through press releases or google.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.