Dodge owners' reactions... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Dodge owners' reactions...

So I figured I'd have a little fun and see what the Dodge guys had to say about the numbers Ford put out on the 6.7...here's some responses...what ya think?

My roommate said "Not Bad...dodge is really conservative with their numbers though. If they would ditch that allison design tranny and buy into ATS or suncoast theyd be fine..thats our limiting factor"

Heres some other responses....

yea, but will it shoot flames?

I would not bet on it just yet, we will see how long the motor last first.

As a diesel enthusiast, I hope it does well. I'm sure there will be growing pains the first year (or two) - we shall see. Anything will be an improvement over the two latest powerstrokes!

What a Frugly engine. Will it hold that is the $64 million dollar Question! I bet they will still need to pull the cab to do work on the engine. Also is that a throttle body I see on it? BTW you can bet the 6.7 could be turned up for more HP/TQ if Cummins wanted to.

F250, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but hey this is a Dodge forum so I don't feel too bad about it. My truck makes 414 hp and 747 tq with a cheap tuner, gets better mileage, and I'll tow ANYTHING it can tow.

Seriously though, I hope this engine does well too. The 6.0 I had was a real turd and it drove me away from Ford. Ford makes good trucks, they have just had a run of engine troubles. Since I can't stand GM styling, it would be nice to have Ford back as an option in the future.

too bad it still looks like a navistar motor. No matter what ford claims, just by looking at that I can tell you it looks like a navistar design. And yes that is a throttle body on it, its used for DPF regen. It restricts the intake air in order to richen the fuel mixture int he exhaust to increase exhaust temps. For ford's sake, I sure hope it turns out to be a good motor.

Some of those responses were a bit surprising...what do u think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i think some of them are full of shi* and are biased
Old 02-25-2010, 07:45 PM

hmmm....hope it would be more like wow instead of them being so covered about themselves///
Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 PM

American (and others) purchasing is typically based on emotions backed by (often hyped) rationale...a dodge owner who admittedly admired the ford would be a very intelligent and wise individual.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
every dodge interior i have seen is the ugliest POS ever. lol thats all i gotta say.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The responses were what I expected. The dodge guys are not going to say many good things about Ford.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRFord View Post
The responses were what I expected. The dodge guys are not going to say many good things about Ford.
The same thing would happen here, if they were touting their dodge.

The new 2010 ram interior is actually decent.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

response

i was going to order a new 2010 megacab.
I was and still a little leary on the new ford motor! I have faith and if ford screws it up...i'm done with ford and so 1000's of others. So i ordered a new ford,because i figured they can not afford to screw this up!

Anyway..before i orderd i was bouncing dodge or ford (ruled gm out) I REALLY like the mega looks with short box (i'm just a short box guy,if i could have go f350 dually in short box i would have)
I went looked at the new 2010's, nice trucks,but it just didn't feel quality on the outside tin. It felt like if someone leaned on the door it would dent.

The inside was a LOT better than older dodges, it wasn't bad at all,it was nice... but anyone says they new dodge interior is better than new ford....i'm sorry you are in Denial!! There is no way they are even close to same level, Ford is beyond dodge on the new interior.

Then i started researching both just to make sure, then i started seeing LOTS of people having door seal leaks,one guy said he put heavy load on truck and the door would have so much wind noise (that didn't sound good) lol

Lots said they just leaked and no big deal, just turn up the radio....

I'm sorry,but when you spend that much money on a truck..The freaking doors better seal with no load or a full and even over payload on the truck!
That right there gave me the big push toward ford. the Only thing holding me back was the new 6.7, but i stated on that earlier.

Other things to consider: Ford is assembled in KY,Dodge assembled in Mexico, Cummins is american,Ford 6.7 mexi-stroke...But i believe more jobs are saved or kept with the ford plant in KY and All those guys/gals that work there know it too! They also know that if this motor is a flop,POS, there is going to be LOTS of workers there out off jobs soon!
Go KY (wait that didn't sound good, or does it...wheres my wife..lol)
Old 02-26-2010, 04:37 PM

big buck
jsut as a side note you can get a short bed dually from ford, there is a guy here by me that gets a new one every year, I see the trucks almost daily. I guess I dont know about the 2011 but you could in prior yrs.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

short bed dually

i called today again. They said no short bed.
When i ordered they said i couldn't

I figured why can't i? Its same fram as f350 srw short bed, except for dually and fender flares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.