Please Contact Ford about not offering a manual!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 04:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Please Contact Ford about not offering a manual!!

First let me say that I am really digging the new 2011 Powerstroke!! I was seriously considering ordering me a new Super Duty, but that was until I found out they are not offering a 6 speed manual???

Now that is really disappointing to me, and sadly I will not be ordering one because of that. While the new 6 speed automatic seems to be well designed and offers alot, I simply do not want an automatic.

Now I have wrote a nice email to Ford telling them to consider adding a manual to the future trucks, as if they did I would be a guaranteed future buyer of the new Super Duty.

So to all those who will miss the manual like I do, please write Ford a email and tell them not to drop the manual!! Maybe if they get enough people complaining about it, they will atleast have it as an option. One can only hope.

So besides this issue, I really like the truck and it looks like Ford has done their homework on it. What a beast it looks to be!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I too wish they would offer one but I do not belive there are enough of us hand shakers out there to cause them to change there minds.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRonning1984 View Post
I too wish they would offer one but I do not belive there are enough of us hand shakers out there to cause them to change there minds.
Yeah I know its getting less popular, but I would think their would still be a fair amount of people getting a manual. I mean these trucks are so damn expensive as it is, now its gonna go up another 2 grand so i can get a option that I do not want. I want a bare to the bone F-350 extended cab long bed manual transfer case, windows, locks, everything manual. Thats how a truck should be. Its just ridiculous a new truck is over 60 grand now. Atleast if they offered a hand shacker it would knock 2k off the price. I'm one of the few who like rough riding and loud trucks. Call me crazy, but I would take a base bare to the bone truck over a King Ranch.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'll never buy an automatic truck....ever. Besides the benefits of hauling, towing, etc, I was brought up with a handshaker, its all I've driven, its all I ever will.

I know they've made a lot of advances in automatic transmissions, but I feel like I'm driving a golf cart.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Big K Send a message via MSN to Big K Send a message via Yahoo to Big K
Will never happen.....

Get used to this.....All the BIG 3 have said they are killing their manual programs in their light duty trucks....F150-F550......

Convert yourself or keep your old one....just the way it is....same goes for the emissions stuff
Old 02-15-2010, 08:18 PM

The cab and chassis models might, but Ford has stated repeatedly the small demand compared to the entire range of production doesn't justify making a manual truck.

It's sad to see manuals go because nothing can surpass the control you have, but the large majority just don't want them anymore.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Big K Send a message via MSN to Big K Send a message via Yahoo to Big K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
The cab and chassis models might, but Ford has stated repeatedly the small demand compared to the entire range of production doesn't justify making a manual truck.
The numbers of 2008-2010 ordered with manuals was less than 10% over the ENTIRE F250-F550 line....the profit margin just is not there.....
Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Berm Buster

Thats why im gunna be keeping my 7.3 even if I do buy a new 6.7 which I plan on doing. I would rather have an auto for sled pulling and drag racing anyway so I figure ill be happy with one of each.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big K View Post
The numbers of 2008-2010 ordered with manuals was less than 10% over the ENTIRE F250-F550 line....the profit margin just is not there.....
Well how many of these trucks were sold? Say 10% of a couple hundred thousand, thats still enough people I would think to continue a manual IMO. Lets face it, Ford isn't selling their transmissions to make a profit, they are selling the truck as a whole to make a profit. Unless they are losing money on keeping all the equipment and staff, then I could see why.

And I didn't know the Big 3 was all automatic now? That sucks, I never realized so many people got automatics....

But we will see what happens, when the trucks are at the dealer I'll take one for a ride and see how I like it.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

They Big 3 are discontinuing manuals mainly do to the fact that it is harder to control emissions on them. They have no control over how the truck will shift. Causing to many variables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.