Ordered new 2011 F350....need pin please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 03:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordered new 2011 F350....need pin please

I ordered a new truck a week ago and I need an X plan pin please. Does anyone have one to spare? It would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Jason
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 PM

Got a pin...please disregard this request.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Whoa, thats not how X plan works. your company generates the Pin for you. I hope you didnt try to screw the dealership, because they WILL find out come time to sign.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterKelly View Post
Whoa, thats not how X plan works. your company generates the Pin for you. I hope you didnt try to screw the dealership, because they WILL find out come time to sign.
huh? Your point?

I should not have ordered before having a pin?

I am quite sure noone screws the stealership. They are all about screwing the customer.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im not here to flame sir. Its upsetting that you feel that way.
To have a pin number, the company you work for must have a partnership with Ford in some way. These companies PAY for the X plan rates, and if you are manipulating the system becasue you feel that your dealership is lying to you, that is ILLEGAL and morally wrong. So let me ask you, did you get the pin number legit? Or did you get one in some other fashion? I am telling you, if you didnt get it the correct way, they WILL find out when you sign. Do you not see the problem with this?

And by the way, a lot of people feed their families selling cars including myself. It is a rewarding career and I love working with my customers, as they love working with me. It sounds like you had a bad experience working with a dealership, and let me tell you, they were not all created equally. It can be extremely difficult to work with people that prejudge you before you even meet them because of a bad rep. I wish you the best sir and I pray that you do the right thing.

Last edited by HunterKelly; 02-19-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Im not here to flame sir. Its upsetting that you feel that way. To have a pin number, the company you work for must have a partnership with Ford in some way. These companies PAY for the X plan rates, and if you are manipulating the system becasue you feel that your dealership is lying to you, that is ILLEGAL and morally wrong. So let me ask you, did you get the pin number legit? Or did you get one in some other fashion? I am telling you, if you didnt get it the correct way, they WILL find out when you sign. Do you not see the problem with this?
The X plan is available for "Friends and Neighbors" of former or current Ford employees. A "Friend" of mine was gracious enough to give me a pin.

I STILL don't see an issue.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Exactly! I was actually editing my post to tell you about that.

Whew! I'm so glad you did it that way. They can give out 2 pins per year, its a great program and im glad you were able to take advantage of it.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:20 PM

I'm gonna play devils advocate.

Dealers job to screw the customer huh? I guess making a profit is now screwing someone...
Old 02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to oregoncalfroper
ok my 2 cents dealerships are trying to gouge you, at my local, everything they do is a "job" to replace a dash light it is a 88 dollar 1 hour charge if it takes 5 min, oh yeah then I need you to hook up the scanner oh ok that is job #2 for 88.00 oh yeah can you change my fuel filter yeah ok job #3 88.00 that is BS.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Im not here to flame sir. Its upsetting that you feel that way.
To have a pin number, the company you work for must have a partnership with Ford in some way. These companies PAY for the X plan rates, and if you are manipulating the system becasue you feel that your dealership is lying to you, that is ILLEGAL and morally wrong. So let me ask you, did you get the pin number legit? Or did you get one in some other fashion? I am telling you, if you didnt get it the correct way, they WILL find out when you sign. Do you not see the problem with this?

And by the way, a lot of people feed their families selling cars including myself. It is a rewarding career and I love working with my customers, as they love working with me. It sounds like you had a bad experience working with a dealership, and let me tell you, they were not all created equally. It can be extremely difficult to work with people that prejudge you before you even meet them because of a bad rep. I wish you the best sir and I pray that you do the right thing.

The Partner Recognition New Vehicle Purchase Plan (Ford X-Plan) does not cost the participating companies anything but having a fleet of Ford vehicles. In other cases like the Experimental Aircraft Association you can get a X plan pin by simply being a member of this particular non profit organization and if you think that the EAA is PAYING for X plan rates for its members you are sorely misinformed.

Otherwise you are just portraying yourself as yet another inept car "salesman" but I do find you attempting (and failing miserably) to stake out the moral high ground amusing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.