2 Questions??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 07:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 Questions???

Ok number 1...Now obviously noone is very happy with the epa and all they're emission regs...so here's the million dollar question...any word on fuel economy ratings for the new motor?

And Number 2...IMO and idk how u guys feel...but I'm not too happy with ford completely ditchin the 6 speed manual...personally I hate automatics with a passion...so I know someone else has thought about this...but what do u think the chance is of someone in the aftermarket coming up with a manual swap for these trucks. Yes obviously this would pretty much trash your warranty...but for guys like me...I don't care...i want a 6 speed Manual
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well there's rumors of them getting up to 25mpg which i consider porkies, i think however 20 mpg are attainable, as to the autotragic transmission im with you on that one, i just cant live with em.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hello and Welcome to the site!

You really should read some before you start asking questions IMHO....

I spend a Lot of time reading and it answers many of my questions!!!

Power stroke nation is also a great site for the new 6.7 Motor...

But to answer a Little of your question.... Testers of the 6.7 have seen 17/22 MPG from their truck,and some other members said the have seen 24 In town with one so it's really a see for yourself thing IMHO at this point! But Mag articals said it was supposed to get 3/4 MPG better than the 6.4 and looks pretty good so far!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:43 AM

Well yea i've heard both those rumors..that's why i posted it...to see if anyone has some real world driving with the new ones yet to see what they're gettin...

And i'm sure someone will bolt up a 6 speed to it...but i can't imagine it's gonna be cheap...or easy
Old 11-27-2009, 08:49 AM

Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
From reading such things on the internet and getting my hands on documents from Ford it self. They say they've gotten rid of the manuals because of people being stupid with them. My friend at the dealer down here said they had alot of kids come in with the 6.4 with broken input shafts due to burn outs. They fixed it under warenty because they were getting mad that they wouldn't fix something they broke. Also i myself have noticed lately that the sticks are getting weaker and weaker ( paper syncros, aluminum housings, crappier bearing material.) for the soul reason that not alot of people buy them. I don't want to be sexest but mommy takes her f350 diesel to pick up the kids from school and doesn't really want a stick. ( unless you don't live in a city.) This is the same reason Jeep got rid of there basic design in 06 to accomadate people who want luxury in a work truck or play vehicle. Next you'll be having mom and dad driving a Kenworth W9 with no CDL to get a movie at blockbuster.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:50 PM

Yea, see that's what i'm scared this world is coming to. Think back to when trucks were trucks, men drove em and they used them. I'm fine with women having trucks and driving them, but very few times do they use the truck for what it's designed for. I just find it hard to deal with seeing the heavy duty truck market basically being feminised, these trucks are being designed for women to drive them as a daily driver. I just think someone in the engineering department needs to bring trucks back to what trucks were. Tanks that were haul all, do all vehicles, designed for working and could stand up to it. A truck is a work vehicle in my opinion, not a luxury vehicle for an overpaid CEO to park in his 8 car garage.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to Big K Send a message via MSN to Big K Send a message via Yahoo to Big K
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96F350KID View Post
From reading such things on the internet and getting my hands on documents from Ford it self. They say they've gotten rid of the manuals because of people being stupid with them. My friend at the dealer down here said they had alot of kids come in with the 6.4 with broken input shafts due to burn outs. They fixed it under warenty because they were getting mad that they wouldn't fix something they broke. Also i myself have noticed lately that the sticks are getting weaker and weaker ( paper syncros, aluminum housings, crappier bearing material.) for the soul reason that not alot of people buy them. I don't want to be sexest but mommy takes her f350 diesel to pick up the kids from school and doesn't really want a stick. ( unless you don't live in a city.) This is the same reason Jeep got rid of there basic design in 06 to accomadate people who want luxury in a work truck or play vehicle. Next you'll be having mom and dad driving a Kenworth W9 with no CDL to get a movie at blockbuster.
That might be ONE reason, but diffidently not the ENTIRE reason....warranty issues was not the CAUSE....it was purely Marketing and Cost related...

They just don't sell enough Manuals to warrant them anymore...
Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

it'd be all fine and well if they could make a truck a TRUCK, but the manufacturers see the increased interest in trucks as $$$, even if the person never pulls a darned thing with the truck if they're willing to pay the price for a new truck that's good for the manufacturer. Unfortunately when demand goes up so does the things that cater to who wants a truck. But look at big rigs, they've come leaps and bounds with creature comforts and they still work just as hard if not harder. I think the same can be said for these pick ups, in most sense they are simply becoming refined. It's not that I agree with them "feminizing" trucks, it's just the way we're moving. 15-20 years ago, I don't think anyone saw pickups have the payload and power capacities that they are at
Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 PM

Oh I totally agree with you there, I'm not doubting the fact that trucks have come leaps and bounds from 15-20 years ago. These trucks of the day are pulling and hauling loads never imagined from somethin you could still park in a spot at the mall. And I also agree, Ford most likely didn't see a reason to spend the money on r&d for a manual, cause they'd never make the money back from sales. It just stinks for us guys that still use a truck for a TRUCK, and want a manual. But what do you guys think of the chance of the aftermarket coming up with a 6 speed conversion. And also, I know on my gradfather's d-max, he can put it in "manual" and use the push button shifting, still doesn't compare to a clutch and a shifter, but still not fully automatic. And would I be correct in saying Ford has this "manual" option on their automatics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.