Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Pulled the trigger.

4K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  HectorSaenz 
#1 ·
I was called by my local dealer yesterday about a blow out they were having on their remaining 2016's. They sold the one that Was the colour I was interested in but they had a white one that had more options that I was looking for. I went in tonight hoping to just throw a line out to see how sharp their pencil was. Apparently it was pretty sharp because I'm now driving a 2016 Ford F-250 6.7.
I pick it up on Tuesday night. I'm pretty excited. The power is huge that this thing puts out.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats. One thing about buying the last of the series is that you're getting a sure thing (if that exhists). The 2016s are the end of perhaps the most successful and longest run of any truck ever built.
I wonder if Ford did something special with the last one that came off the assembly line?

Reactions: Tshull
#5 ·
Congrats on the new '16!

#7 ·
It's a beautiful feeling huh? got any plans for her lift, delete, etc.?

#8 ·
It is a beautiful feeling. No plans as of yet. One sure thing is there will be no lift. It's high enough now as it is. Ontario is getting as bad as California for emissions so i haven't decided if I'll delete it yet.

#9 ·
And if you do I'd try to talk to your dealership just to see if they are "ok" with deleting your truck and not your warranty! I am not too sure about the 6.7 and their gains from deleting(doing mine in a couple weeks) but on the 6.4 it was night and day difference in power and fuel econ.

#10 ·
Yeah I have a bunch of questions for the dealer. I've been doing nothing but searching info and videos on the 6.7. I took it for a 30 mile test drive, it averaged 19.5 MPG

#11 ·
That's awesome! Was the dealership on top of the Rockies and your house at the bottom?! I'm only getting around 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I hear everyone getting amazing mileage with these vehicles and I'm just not getting anywhere close. Maybe I should take it to dealer

#14 ·
I don't really care much about the mpg, its a 9000# truck. Its nice to get some decent mileage but it wasn't a deal breaker. As long as it isn't as thirsty as my f-250 5.4 was, I'm happy.

#15 ·
Haha very true my 6.4 was a gas guzzler and I'm going to get the 50 gallon tank!

#17 ·
You know I've heard good and bad things about all of them. I'm leaning towards tetras pro

#18 ·
Freeway mileage on my 2011 Tuned with Emissions on. This is about 50 miles of 65 and 70 mph run.

Attachments

#19 ·
Retrax

#23 ·
YES GUYS, I know, that was for a 50 mile trip so it was getting pretty close. Ground was very flat. I have hand calculated a 900 mile trip using onboard fuel tank and my 55 gallon transfer tank. MY all time record out in the desert with no hills was 19.43333 with an average speed of 48 mph and top speed of 72 mph. It is possible to get really good fuel economy with these trucks. Just depends on quality of fuel, good fuel additives. terrain and that right foot.

Love my truck and i get on average good fuel economy. Better than most. I thinks its how i drive when im just cruising in no rush.

Reactions: Pro fuzz
#24 ·
Forgot to mention. My bare bones 2016 6.7 super-cab 4x4 3.55 gears long bed get worse fuel economy than my person 2011 in my signature. I think ford screwed the mileage with the bigger fuel injectors and turbo.

I personally like the 2011-14 turbo setup over the bigger one. Just seams to work better for trucking. The bigger turbo on my 16 does pull harder at higher speeds though.

#25 ·
I've been watching lots of video's about the 6.7. It is amazing how ford designed this motor. The more video's I watch the more excited I get, The farther away Tuesday seems to be. I don't know how guys that ordered their trucks managed.

#26 ·
Good job!
Personally like 11-16 interior/exterior more than the 17's
I dunno. They usually take awhile to grow on me. But at least up to 16 the sd was always more distinguishable from a 150

#27 ·
I checked out a 2017 that was parked next to the 16. I don't really care for the 2017, the bed side is way too high. They are almost on par with the dodge. I like trucks I can reach the bottom of the box without a ladder.

Reactions: kaya
#28 ·
I ran down to the coast, about 200 miles, and averaged 17.1 but I took some back roads. I drove up the interstate on the way back running around 70mph and i was averaging 19.1 until regen started and that dropped the mileage back down to 17+ by end of trip. Didnt haul anything but fishing gear.

Reactions: Pro fuzz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.