Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stopping distances

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  frito1 
#1 ·
Does anyone else think the 2015 350's are very hard to stop quickly? I had an 06 prior to the '15 and I swear it stopped better than the new one.
Unladed by the way.

#2 ·
I agree

MY 2003 CC F250 with 35's and 4" lift stopped better than my 2016 F250. (The 2003 did have braided brake lines and performance pads/rotors to help it out.)

#4 ·
That depends on what you run into and its weight....

#6 ·
My 2011 feels fine. Does get a little spongy on emergency stops, My 2016 Work truck feels little better my personal 2011. All in All, they both feel find and im confident with there braking ability.

Side not, WAY WAY WAY WAY better than a rental Ram i had for a few days.

#7 ·
I noticed right off that my truck didn't brake as quickly as my previous rig. Being that my other truck was a Toyota Tacoma that weighed half what the Ford weighs, it seems about right. I don't use my brakes very hard, the yota had 165K on the original brake pads and still going. I've adjusted in the last 6 months and don't notice the difference now. If I do need to brake hard, there is plenty of braking power available, IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.