Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help with rear axle movement

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  HeavyAssault 
#1 ·
I have noticed when i go over a grade at an angle and flex the rear suspension that sometimes my rear axle housing will shift out of alignment (angle). The truck will drive crooked for a few seconds and return back to true. I also get a hard sway when i go full throttle and let out. I've checked my leaf spring u bolts and they are tight. My truck has a mild lift and I noticed my rear lift blocks keep wanting to shift (pics attached). I'm wanting traction bars any way and figured they should help. But shouldnt it be one solid block in the back? I'm think that is the cause...

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
OBStrokin, like ZMANN wrote, PMF makes a great block set up if that is your route. That was the route I went with. I had the same set up as you have with the stock block on top of another block ( will NEVER do that again - axle moved way too much). I went with PMF 10" blocks (but he has sizes smaller than that) and traction bars. Trevor can get you set up with what your needing. Here is a pic of my current set up. Can always go all leaf as well. But a good set of traction bars will help as well. I like how my combo wraps around the axle.

Reactions: ZMANN
#7 ·
It's not a good idea to stack blocks. Axle wrap will be terrible and the blocks will move around on each other. If you need that much block you really should consider lift springs with a very small (OEM) block. It could also be that the center pin on the spring is broke, allowing the spring to move around on the blocks. Lastly, PMF also offers some large diameter u bolts. I switched to those when I installed an add-a-leaf a few years ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.