Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2017 Platinum Price--Good Deal?

13K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  millertime877 
#1 ·
I'm interested in ordering a 2017 Platinum. Debating between Super Duty and Ram. MSRP as I built it was $77,555. Dealer is willing to sell at $68,565.75 (including $1500 rebates). OTD with Mass sales tax, registration, fees is $73,008. Any getting better deals on their 2017 orders?

#3 ·
Yup, anything under b invoice is a great deal.. frankly I am shocked at that deal so early on.

How do you come up with $1,500? Being in NH we get the same rebates and I only saw the $1,000.

Reactions: usafakid09
#4 ·
$500 military and the $1000 regional rebate.

I was too was shocked and asked them to recheck their pricing to make sure they didn't delete the diesel engine off in their discounting or something. Guess I need to make my mind up quick before they change their mind.

#29 ·
you can't get a 16 to go to 77k, i don't care what you do to it

#6 ·
Go to NADA and price the truck. Usually pretty close to the X Plan price.

New 2017 Ford Truck Prices - NADAguides

Request a brochure from Ford. Sometimes they give you a private cash of $750 or more offer towards the purchase of a new vehicle. I do not see the 2017 SD listed but you can try getting the 2016 brochure and see if it applies to 2017 if there is a private cash offer.

Ford Vehicle Showroom

#7 ·
The 2017 was listed at least as of yesterday because I requested one. However, when you request the 2016 in previous weeks, there was an option to request up to 2 more vehicles and the 2017 was listed there.

#8 ·
I ordered my 2017 brochure last Friday, so hopefully it will have some sort of private offer...and maybe additional rebates will come out when the truck arrives. I think I'm going to go ahead and take that offer...seems pretty good to me.

Thanks for the input. Now the fun begins.

#10 ·
That explains the price being so below invoice..

#12 ·
New price from them was $71,563, with rebates included. Went to another dealer close to my house and he said he'd make it $71,000. Adding tax and registration to both puts me at a $3k delta.

I honestly don't like the little oversight the first dealer did...especially when I asked them to check their number and ensure that was an accurate price before I left on Saturday.

#13 ·
UPDATE:

Spoke with the dealership today. They apologize for their mistake and agreed to split the difference with me. Even added the bed-liner and rapid heat for half the cost. Final MSRP: $78,020. Discounted price including $1500 rebates: $70,232. I think that's a fair price. I can understand the mistake and I appreciate them working with me.

Now the wait begins!

#14 · (Edited)
Ordered My 2017 f-350 lwb 4x4 lariat at invoice with $1000 rebate thats all they had.
70,200 out the door tax tag title
Doesnt matter if you pay cash finance etc
Stoked on the 48 gallon tank
Id say you got an excellent deal

Had the same thing happen woth my 2012 ram, made the deal they went and picked up from another dealer , verified over the phone out the door price tax tag title twice. Got there with check and they say thy forgot to add sales tax, i got pissed went to leave , was getting in truck and they came to get me. They ate it

#15 · (Edited)
That seems like a good price on a platinum, Ive been shopping them and only have found $4500 off msrp so far. Waiting for them to be like the 2016's which around my area are $12k off msrp.

I found one with msrp of 74,775 and $4500 off to a start of 70,218. I still feel there's more room than that for the dealer to come down.

#17 ·
I bought a 2015 F-250 Lariat/FX4 with all the buzzers and whistles that you could imagine for way less than that. What do you get with the Platinum package that you can't with the FX4/Lariat???? I asked a salesman this on a F-150 not long ago and he couldn't tell me why it's so much more. Said he would get back to me.......never happened. I feel like the Platinum is kinda like the Harley Davidson edition, you're really only paying for some decals and a name. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

#31 ·
they aren't 11000.00 more than the 16s pretty

Reactions: HLBeef
#19 ·
looked at a 17 lariat 4x4 short bed on the lot today. msrp was 68.8??k it was almost fully loaded but no quite. Was nice , I did have a few complaints as i walked around it. I don't like how they put the trailer hookup on the bumper by the license plate again. And the damn thing got 4 inches taller. Im not talk at 5.10 but i couldnt reach in the bed. I can on my 2011 4x4. Crazy how much taller they are. I guess ford is trying to keep people from lifting them lol.

back to numbers. They said i could have it for 66k standing on the lot before any military or other discounts. They did just sale a platinum that was on order for a basket ball player. fully decked out with every frigging thing for 88k.

I want one but in a king ranch..... sigh""" I'll hang on to my 2011 for now. It is a good truck, has lots of features. Then new is over kill, but safer for my wife to drive...... "shutup" quit talking myself into it. NOPE im not going to look at them anymore. PERIOD!!!!!!!!

#30 ·
I'm convinced you could put a 22x12 under that truck with 37s no trouble

#20 ·
2016 F250 Platinum's are about $56-$57K , it may just be better to grab a 2016 model than spending 12K more on a 2017 model. Can't see why if they have steep discounts on 2016's they cant come $12K off a 2017, they still are selling a truck, and by end of year they will be at $10-$12k probably. And already on 2017's they are dropping $5-$7k like its nothing off. Its a crap shoot the way they price these darn trucks.

Reactions: VT19
#21 ·
That's pretty much what I did. It was late August of 2015 and the dealership was chock full of brand new, fresh off the line 2016s, they had one last 2015 FX4\Lariat on the lot that listed for 63k, I ended up getting it for around 51k. The thing is, the 2016 was no different than the 2015 so I understand wanting to get a 2017 now but I would say wait until next August or so and get a 2017 that is still on the lot when they have a lot full of 2018s. That same Platinum that they won't hardly budge on will be 12k cheaper then!!!

#22 · (Edited)
I was looking at the 2017s and noticed some decent prices at this dealership (Apple Ford) in the Baltimore Md. area. These prices include a lifetime powertrain warranty that very few dealerships in the Country offer. The price on the 2017 F250 is $72,735, and they are offering it for $66,162. That's $6,573 off sticker. I don't know if that's good or not, but it has my attention.

Baltimore New Ford & Lincoln Cars Columbia MD near Ellicott City, & Washington DC

There are two issues that bother me about buying a 2017 right now.
1) There may be growing pains with these first off the line trucks.
2) I know that Ford has a 10 speed transmission in the works. I'd feel sick to buy a new truck and then a year from now the 2018 roll out, with this nice new transmission.

Has anyone heard anything about the 10 speed transmission?

Also, my son just bought a new 2016 F150. His panoramic sunroof leaks really bad when he goes through a car wash or it rains hard. He tells me that this is a major problem with all of the aluminum F150s. He works at a Federal Prison and all the guys at work that have new F150s with the sunroof are having the same problem, every single one of them. Their headliners are really mess up from it and they are getting moldy inside in this summer heat.
That said, these new Super Duties have the same cab. It would be a real bummer to spend 70 large only to find out that it comes with a shower.
Oh, I almost forgot. Ford told my son not to worry about it. Its the way they were designed and they all do it. He said they told everyone at work the same thing. He loves the truck but is really let down with Fords response to this problem.
He took a bottle of water out on the dealer's lot and poured water on a couple of trucks sitting there. They all leaked onto the console and seats. :(

#24 ·
So have a few dealers offering $66,500 ish, for 2017 F-250 Platinum at MSRP $74K. Not bad almost $8k off MSRP, I bet by end of year they will be at $10K off ,MSRP just like the 2016's. I will prob wait to see what rebates Ford will throw on for November then December. Once they hit $10k off MSRP im buying one.

And 2014six.7 , its worth it for the $3500, resale or trade in future will yield you better results, as well the look of the platinum compared to lariat is much better.

#25 ·
I'm not questioning your price or anything, but I was wondering how you got a sticker price for a Platinum of $74,000. The King Ranch isn't as expensive as the Platinum and the KR I have ordered has a MSRP is $80,550. It's a King Ranch Ultimate and I've added just about every option the can be hung on it, but still, to buy a Platty for $66,500 sounds almost too good to be true.
Here's a link to the thread where I have listed what I've ordered. Go down to #27 to see the King Ranch. (I started off ordering a Lariat Ultimate) I'm kind of wondering if I'm getting overcharged... They're knocking $7,000 off the MSRP.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...168577-placed-2017-order-any-suggestions.html

Reactions: mrrc
#26 ·
There are many 2017 Platijums for $74k Msrp. I used an add from a dealer about 250 miles away that had a 17 Platinum $74k Msrp and they had it discounted to $67,475, and a few close to me beat that. Search the Ford inventory site you will find that Msrp range all day long.

#33 · (Edited)
They told me there is a $1000 rebate on The 17. The platinum that I was looking at was 75,355. he told me he would take another 500 off. I told him to have a nice day and you will never get a second shot at me. I asked to speak to the sales manager, I told him I'm ready to buy and I'm willing to cut a fair deal. With the rebate I got $4,300 off . A friend of mine who bought one up the road got right at 3000 off and some people told him that that was a fair deal. So I guess I'm happy with the $4300. I'm sure some people have gotten a better deal and I'm sure some got worse. I hope just not a whole lot better deal LOL . I will say that he told me " weren't you talking to Johnathan the salesman over there"? I told him yes and I didn't like what he told me. I told him he sounded very final on his price. I said you're the sales manager If i don't like what you say I'll just leave because there's nowhere else to go in this dealership. But someone in this city is going to sell me a truck at what I believe to be a fair price. He smiled and said OK let's get you in the truck

#34 ·
Todd, you did good. There are a lot of people paying MSRP for these trucks simply because they are bringing it, and Ford knows it. While it may have been possible shop around to find a dealer that was willing to give you a thousand or two more off the price, there comes a point where its not worth it. I remember truck shopping in the Washington D.C. area when I was looking for my truck. There was a point where I was ready to pay a little more just to stop the madness. It was becoming really insane at one point and we just decided to go home only to have the sales manager chase us down in the parking lot asking us to come back inside, only to wait for hours for nothing. This happened over and over. Its like they all have read the same "nut job" playbook in that area. If the dealership that you bought from has a good service department that you can trust, that is worth something.

Congratulations on your new truck. I've had mine since Dec. 12 and can tell you that this new design is definitely nice, and problems with them have been few. The bar has definitely been raised. :thumb:

Reactions: todd458
#36 · (Edited)
Thanks. The transport picked it up at 8 o'clock this morning in Arkansas , they said the should roll in to town around 5 o'clock. And Yes that may be my only concern is the service department here . The dealership up the road is known for having a great service department from what I hear. They just couldn't get within a couple of thousand of the dealer here and they had to trade for it

#38 ·
Yes I can't believe I'm actually saying a vehicle this size is actually fun to drive. I got rid of a sports car about 15 months ago when a DPS trooper that I know showed me some photos of my exact car in a different color that hit a guardrail and was cut in half. Unfortunately both passengers had passed away at the seen. I still cannot get those images out of my head. Needless to say I got rid of the car because I had a few close calls myself. I can honestly say that this truck is as fun to drive . I realize that a lot or most of you use this type of vehicle for working purposes and as I have said a different post a F1 50 could've done everything that I needed and more. I guess my only problem is my parking garage at my office has to low of an overhang for me to get in . Then there's my house. I thought it would fit in my garage. About 3 1/2 inches too low as well. I thought my LX 570 was big at 197 inches long. This truck is 250 inches long. The LX is 73 inches tall and this thing is 81.5 inches tall. Unfortunately there may be a fully loaded 2017 F2 50 with 44 miles going on the market

#39 ·
Did you ever consider hiring a carpenter to install a 8'x10' door in your garage? Of course, that's only if it would fit length wise, but just a suggestion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.