Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

SCT update

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  AzStroker 
#1 ·
Has anyone done the most recent update for their SCT X4? I began to do the update, however it said I would need to first return the truck to stock. I was leery of continuing out of fear that I would lose all of my loaded tunes. Anyone have experience in this field (sorry this is elementary...but I would rather ask than to go off on my own and mess something up). Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I updated mine today. Returned to stock and then applied the update. My 5* custom tunes were still on the X4 after the update was complete.

#3 ·
I updated my livewire recently. Returned my truck back to stock as I was scared I would lose my stock file after the update. Ran the update. Took about 15 minutes.

After I reloaded my custom tunes. Not sure if they get removed from the device or not.

#4 ·
Is it possible to take the tunes off the device and put them on the computer desktop in an attempt not to lose them? Let me get this right, so I program the truck using the stock tune, then come in and install the update and go back and reprogram the truck with the loaded tunes? Anyone know what the update does? I mean is it worth it as sometimes when you update things (i.e. Apple phone) the update actually is worse than before.

#5 ·
I called rudys and they said to do update and did not need to return to stock first the updated didn't remove custom tunes (the factory reset will remove custom tunes though) luckily i have the full set on email use updater to put them back

#6 ·
#7 ·
X2 I have a Livewire but don't want it to be like a phone update that tanked one of our phones recently...

#8 ·
As asked before, is there a change log? it isn't showing it on the SCT blog yet. Would like to read it before I flash. If it just some stupid update than no need to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.