Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hideout Key

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  CJATE 
#1 ·
I'd like to have a plain key blank that I can stash somewhere under the truck ('16) for accidental lock out protection. I just want to be able to open the door. Is this possible, will the earlier non-chipped keys work? If so, does anyone know a pn offhand?

#2 ·
if u don't already have it, you could always just add the keypad to the drivers door, its available as an add on. no need for buying and programing a remote fob when you can add the key pad and have a code to unlock.

#11 ·
I just took my key to the hardware store and they made me a key. It's not chipped or anything but it works excellent for unlocking the tailgate when the truck is running. Instead of shutting it down and unlocking tailgate, etc. It also works in the doors as well.

Attachments

#13 ·
My plan was to zip tie the spare under the truck somewhere out of the way, but most certainly exposed to the elements. I don't think a chipped key would survive that kind of use, that's why I was thinking an old school key for the job. I wasn't planning on spending $60-70 for a keypad, but that may be the better option since my truck does have electric locks and a remote.

Thanks for the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.