Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ordered a 17' yesterday

4K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  mie1970 
#1 ·
Anyone have an idea of delivery dates if you order a new 17'?. Dealer is thinking late August. Bought a 16 lariat while I wait.

#3 ·
Sell or trade

I am gonna trade it or sell it, it's a fully loaded lariat dark grey. FX4 package, with the ultimate package. Will have under 10k miles and will be immaculate. I only use it to tow my Bay boat.

#5 ·
Dealer here said I couldn't order until June. I really want to test drive one first though.

#7 ·
Order banks opened a few weeks ago.

#8 ·
Hmm. I may have to see a different dealer.

#11 ·
Regardless of how much money I may have or have not I wouldn't want to trade my new 2016 truck in 4 months later for a 2017 unless I was having serious issues with it. No matter what kind of deal you think you got the dealer is making the money they aren't in the business for loosing! And yes I feel I just got a stellar deal on a 2016, but no doubt they are still ahead of me.

#15 · (Edited)
I know the owner of a Ford dealership, so I'm not too worried. I had the 11 in my signature that was used for towing my boat and leisure. Truck only had 20k miles so it didn't get used much. Sold my boat to get a bigger boat and didn't buy a new one for awhile so I sold the truck, with the intention of getting the 17 when it came out. Found another boat and needed a truck so I bought the 16 while I wait for the 17. As everyone knows these trucks hold their value. I work hard for what I want so its all relevant. Didn't mean to start a pissing match, all I wanted to know was if anyone had any more info than me.

#12 ·
I wonder if these '16s are going to hold their value a little better. Not everyone is in love with the 2017 and a 2016 in new condition with low miles might hold price a little better, especially with the price jump of the 2017. I'm not talking huge numbers but maybe a few thousand more especially once all the lots are cleared of the 2016. Any validity to this theory?

#14 ·
I have no doubt our 15/16 MYs will hold their value really well. Not only are people really split between the new style (either hate it or love it), the price increase alone will sway people away bringing them back to our year.

Look at the past few years used market and they are commanding some really good used prices (for the seller).

#13 ·
So as i sit here and debate spending 22 dollars for a spare cps, you bought a new truck to drive while you wait for your new truck to be built. Im in the wrong profession.

#24 ·
I bought my previous truck (Tundra) from a dealer friend and sold it 3 years/40,000mi for $2,500 less than I paid in a private party sale. I bought my '15 Lariat new for less than several used models the dealer had on the same lot. msdt may not do as badly as many of y'all think. Congrats on the '17. They should be pretty awesome trucks if you can get over the styling

#26 ·
I don't like the front end either BUT when I saw this, I have to admit it looks really sharp. Not sure if it is because of the dark color but it is the only one I like that I have seen so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.