Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Who has painted chrome bumpers and grille?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ocwill1 
#1 ·
Just got this 2012 stroker and its got chrome all over it. I'm wanting to body color match my bumpers, grille surround, and mirror caps. I've got a painter that I've used seberal and he told me that all he'd have to do is scuff them up and paint them. I guess I'm just Leary cause I don't want to do it and it to start peeling.

#6 ·
I am going to talk to someone about powdercoating. I have the oxford white with the charcoal two tone. Think I can get a pretty close match.. When I had my 150 FX4 with painted bumpers, they got chips all over them and little rust spots. If you get painted, invest in clear bra as well.. my .02

#8 ·
There's over 7500 different colors of powder available so a match is almost guarantee, blasting the chrome of the bumpers would be strongly advised for a quality job. It should take only about 3/4 to 1 hour to blast both bumpers at $150.00 an hour. coating the bumpers should run around $150 to $175, no more. some plastic can be powder coated but not all, trading out the plastic may be the best bet. Good luck!

#9 ·
Thanks for the info Heavy, already took care of the grill, swapped it out with an XL black one... Just need to do bumpers hopefully in Spring...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.