Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.7 kudos

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  divotf15 
#1 ·
I know that people on here that have had problems won't get much comfort from this. But.... Have any of you noticed that since 2010, when this motor came out, there have only been 25 pages of motor problem threads? That is only like 4.5 pages a year. That is outstanding! I did a search on head gaskets cause I was a previous 6.0 owner, I think I found like 6 to 8 threads. Not enough to even find an answer if I needed it.

Just thought I would throw a little reality out there. I think this engine has shown itself to be a great engine.

#2 ·
It is a great motor and there are tons of them on the road now. Me and a buddy were taking notice at the Fort Worth stock show last week that there are less and less 6.4s on the road and we can't figure out where they're going, lol. I'm really happy with mine.

#3 ·
I live Im Florida and the amount of 6.7s I see down here are crazy! I can drive and see them left and right! I think some of these trucks have had problems just from people abusing them as well. And just not taking proper mantinance. But when you really think about it the 6.7 has been out for 6 years now. Doesn't seem like it cause they seem new but that's longer than the 6.0 and 6.4 were out

#4 ·
7.3L PSD: 1994.5-2003.25= 8.75 years in production for the Super Duty.
6.0L PSD: 2003.25-2007 for Super Duty, till 2010 model year for Econoline vans. So 4.75 years for the Super Duty, 7.75 years for the Econoline.
6.4L PSD: 2008-2010= 3 years.
6.7L PSD: 2011-current= 6 years and counting.

No doubt the 6.7 will surpass the 7.3 as being the PSD in production for the longest amount of time.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#6 ·
Are those pages directly related to the motor issues OR are they related to emissions system issues? I would argue the "motor issues" you speak of are directly related to the emissions parts/systems. That's apples and oranges to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.