Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

First Super Duty Owner

6K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  Oxford 6.7 
#1 ·
Order is in! Magnetic F-350 Lariat Ultimate long bed, FX4, Spray in bedliner, 5th wheel prep package, moonroof, engine block heater, dual alternators, rear heated seats, rapid-heat cab heater, garage door openers, upfitter switches - CANT WAIT!!!

Been in talks with CJC Offroad. Going to order the Carli Leveling Kit with front and rear Commuter 2.0 Fox shocks. Dealer is going to install for me before I pick up truck.

Came from a 2014 Ram that turned into a lemon. Tranny kept failing. Couldn't take that anymore. Plus after driving the Ram 3500 it wasnt even as comfortable or smooth of a ride as the Ford at least in my opinion.

I will be ordering up some 35" Toyo MT and 20" Wheels to put on the truck once I find out a closer date range to take delivery.

Learned a lot so far reading up on this forum. Hopefully I dont run into the regen issue some are having or they have a fix by the time I pick it up.

I will post up some pics after what seems to be such a loooong wait! Im very happy with my sales Rep and I got the truck for $800 under invoice plus the $2500 rebate. Think I did pretty good on that.

I have the VIN but no window sticker yet. They are supposed to start building it the week of Feb 8th.

See less See more
#39 ·
^^Actually I believe it is the opposite. Once a truck sits on a lot for X amount of time, they start paying interest on it. Once they start paying interest, they want to unload it ASAP and often times will negotiate more to get rid of it.

Either way you shouldn't pay more then invoice plus rebates.

#40 · (Edited)
Edit, I read the thread. I wish my dealer would be a little more forthcoming with me. I can't seem to get much out of them for information. Get this. I have had my F450 Platinum on Order since November. The truck came in January as Ruby Red. I ordered Ingot Silver so they reordered in January. This wait is killing me. Not having a truck has been terrible.

Reactions: Tshull
#41 · (Edited)
I did it.

I had planned to buy late in the year or maybe early 2017, but rebate greed got the best of me. On the Wednesday I picked up a nicely optioned 4x4 crew cab XL. $9,950 off sticker price. I'm still on the first tank of fuel, but I am tickled to death with a >20 mpg indicated.

I've been surfing for doo dads and goofaws all morning. So far I've ordered mud flaps and nerf bar steps, per the wife's orders.

Attachments

#42 ·
Nice! Enjoy the new truck :thumb:

I didn't realize you could get an XL with the FX4 package.

#45 ·
They should definitely make an adjustment to your negotiated deal because of their mix up when processing the order.

I do know that any F350 and up with dual rear wheels take a lot longer to ship because of the rear fender/axle width. They only load them on the rear of the transport trucks and I believe the max they can carry at one time is two. I know this is not the news you wanted to hear but they do this to avoid the side supports of the trailer making contact with the bed of the truck.

#46 ·
I received an update on my truck from Jeff at FordService. He said that my truck had been built this past Monday and shipped out on this past Wednesday with a new eta to the dealer of 4/7/16. Earlier as of right now than I expected. My salesman still cannot tell me the Vin and he keeps telling me "I don't know where you are getting your information from because I have not heard anything". I believe if he keeps this attitude up he will be splitting the commission 50/50 with another salesman that does care about customer service.

I'm getting excited, looking forward to my son and I putting that truck to good use.

Project#1 build a 8×16 shed on the side of the garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.