Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stuck...

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  nards444 
#1 ·
So.. yesterday at work my boss man got his FJ Cruiser stuck. I went to help him out and managed to get myself stuck coming back out. Took a tow truck to get me out. Anyway in the process I managed to scratch the hell out of my wheels. Anyone know a trick to make them look better other than buying another set off Craigslist?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow that's a tough one but your best option is still to buy a set of take-offs. Don't buy the first set you find, wait for someone who desperately wants to unload them. I got 2 sets of platinum 20s with tires for $1500

#4 ·
You're experience reminds me of the several times I had to get pulled out myself. Our trucks are heavy and powerful and......prone to sinking. I know the feeling about scratching the wheels after getting stuck in deep rough mud and after several experiences I never worried about the scratches anymore. I have no idea how to fix the scratches.

#5 ·
Word of wisdom, If a FJ gets stuck its in a place you don't want to bring your truck unless you can stay on hard ground with a very long tow strap...Anyway just saw a set of new take offs on ebay 20" wheels and tires, Know you dont need the tires but maybe sell to offset the cost a little:grin:

#7 ·
I believe I'd be handing that bill over to your boss. He at least paid for the tow truck right.

Some light scratches you might be able to do some serious buffing and polishing but don't expect to get the deep ones out.

#10 ·
He was going to pay for it but the tow truck was actually free. Friends in high places. He felt awful, but it was in no way his fault that I got stuck. I was the one driving my truck and I just under estimated the ground. When someone is stuck, you help them out. Its just what you do, around here anyway. I wouldn't expect him to pay to buy me new rims, I haven't even mentioned to him that they got scratched and probably won't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.