Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Pump at 14k miles

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  fiveohpatrol 
#1 ·
how many people have blown their fuel pump on the new 15's. Mine is going with a little over 14k miles on the truck. I already talked with mike at no limit and he cant believe that the pump would go so early. neither can i. I was running PIP tunes V7 on performance and i WAS NOT beating on the truck either. Its my daily driver. The truck is filled up at a local sheetz gas station all the time. a lot of the local school buses and Municple trucks fill their also. So im not thinking its the fuel. let me know what u guys think.. Other than i need to take out a loan to get this fixed:crying:

#2 ·
Very Interesting.... I have not heard of any 15's losing fuel pumps. Maybe you have a good dealer that will cover it. Keep us posted on this one!

#4 ·
My '15 have just over 41 000 miles on it and have had no issues with fuel pump or anything else. Runs great and have been delete since 15 000 miles.

#5 ·
So just out of curiosity, Did you loose the Fuel pump due to contamination, ie water or DEF in the fuel? Did it shut down your truck and destroy your injectors or are you just loosing fuel pressure and not having the performance you expect?

Just what were your symptoms?

#8 ·
i was driving to work one morning and i had just merged onto the parkway and the truck shifted from 4th to 6th gear... info center popped up a "Reduced engine power" and the truck shut down.. i was able to pull off to the side of the road. I restarted the truck.. seemed to start without a problem. merged back onto the highway and get a Low fuel pressure warning. Got my truck to my work. The pump was whinning pretty good. I called my local ford shop and the service manager told me to bring the truck up and replace the filters. He thought the filters where just dirty.. He called me back a little bit later that afternoon letting me know that the filters were changed but the found metal flakes in the return filter. He stated that typically they would have done the whole pump/injectors replace. I unfortunately had the truck there deleted. He politely told me to return it to stock and take it somewhere else if it acted up again. About 500 miles later.. same place on the parkway i got the low fuel pressure/whine and the truck barely made it back to my Restaurant. i have the truck back to stock and it seems to be running ok. Im not trying to ruin the cylinder walls with the possibility metal could be in there.

#10 ·
Here is the link I received:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners...getCategory=R&searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=15V812
----------
You are receiving this message because you requested to be notified by NHTSA if there is a safety recall that may affect your vehicle.

The following recall may apply to one or more of your vehicles if your vehicle is listed below. Click on the NHTSA Campaign ID number below to read more about the safety issue and the reason for the recall.

To find out if your vehicle is included in the recall, use our VIN Look-up Tool.

NHTSA Campaign ID Number : 15V812
Manufacturer : Ford Motor Company
Make / Model Years : FORD / 2013
LINCOLN / 2013
Subject : Fuel Delivery Module may Crack and Leak
What should I do if my vehicle is included in this recall?
If your vehicle is included in this recall, it is very important that you get it fixed as soon as possible given the potential danger to you and your passengers if it is not addressed. You should receive a separate letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, notifying you of the recall and explaining when the remedy will be available, whom to contact to repair your vehicle or equipment, and to remind you that the repair will be done at no charge to you. If you believe your vehicle is included in the recall, but you do not receive a letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, please call NHTSA's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236 or contact your vehicle manufacturer or dealership.

Thank you for your attention to this important safety matter and for your commitment to helping save lives on America's roadways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.