Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

lots of water drips out of a/c drain , sound normal ?

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Mannysouza 
#1 ·
My 2012 Lariat 6.7 has the automatic a/c heat system and I usually use the auto feature so I do know it runs the a/c compressor.

but after a drive there is quite a bit of water that puddles up underneath , it rolls down the frame rail and over the r/f control arm , today it left a wet spot on the ground today the size of a large pizza just behind the r/f wheel under the truck.

is that normal ? it looks and feels like clean water , smells like water not coolant. and no i did not taste it.

#3 ·
today was warm and pretty damp , and in the summer it's humid in the Ohio valley , it dripped a lot then too.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't all drip out down the frame (starting to rust) and etc. AFTER I stopped driving it. I love this truck but some of it's design flaws I am surprised at

it sound like it's popping popcorn in the door jambs when it's raining hard out too

#4 ·
i do remember thinking the rain made too much noise vs my 2500HD

i went with rain guards to keep the rain from dumping on to my door controls but that sound i just got used to I guess

I am sure you could make a divert er for the condensate run off ?/

#5 ·
sounds normal to me. Mines always been the same way. If it's really humid out, I'll get a bit inside the cab under the passenger side dash by the fire wall as well.

#6 ·
It is my understanding that the compressor runs anytime the system is on regardless of setting. This is what i was told when I asked my service rep the same question.

#7 ·
Completely normal. As the ac removes heat from the air on the evaporator coil, it will condense moisture out of the air too and dump it out right where you're describing. More so on humid days.

The AC compressor will run only if the A/C button is lit up or the system is in auto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.