Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Decisions, Decisions

593 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HLBeef 
#1 ·
There's a 2011 F250 I may stop and look at on the way home just for S&G's. It looks impressive...loaded red Lariat with a lift on 37's with 112k on it...but that lift and big tires worry me. I want to stop and see if the DPF is there, i.e. was it modded and tuned. They also want $40k for it?!?!

I'm off tomorrow so there are two trucks I'm going to try and take a look at.

#1 - 2011 F350 Royal Red XLT but it's got most of the options I would want. It's got a hair under 80k miles on it.

#2 - 2011 F250 white King Ranch. It's a KR so it's pretty loaded except the touch screen/nav which I wouldn't want anyway. But downsides are 125k miles on it and white isn't my favorite.

Pricing is about the same...~$31.5k...and both are late build dates, XLT=9/2010 and KR=3/2011. The lower miles and red is nice but those KR's look really nice.

#2 ·
The KRs certainly are nice, that's for sure. I went with an XLT this time though, because I wanted something a little more than an XL, but didn't want all the bells and whistles that come from the factory, but that's me. My last truck was a Lariat, and while it was a very nice truck, I wasn't really impressed with all the fancy stuff, I'm more into the functional options. I also figure I can add after market stuff that is just as good for less money than factory and have exactly what I want/like. Like I said, that's me. If the XLT is pretty much bone stock, I'd rather have it and accessorize it to my liking than a Lariat or KR that has already been monkeyed with...that is not knowing the previous owner. Just my $0.02.

Reactions: HLBeef
#3 ·
I'm of the same opinion as the man above me. I wanted a loaded lariat, etc etc and ended up with an XLT. it's nothing fancy but boy I love it and I like it more than a lariat at this point imo. I like that I can add leather which I prolly will and I changed out the stereo and such. It's worked and suited me well. that red is one of my favorite colors on our trucks.

Reactions: msmith
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.