Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Used 2015 XLT from Canada?

820 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  HLBeef 
#1 ·
Hello all, I'm looking at a 2015 LB CC XLT F350 from a dealer in Idaho. They bought it from auction and it was originally owned in Canada.

Is there anything I should consider before buying? It's a good, not great deal, but I'm wondering if there are Canada-specific things about the truck (different electrical specs, different emission standards, etc)

Anyone have experience with this?

And...just because I'm a newbie to the newer diesel engines, what does the 'B20' engine designation mean?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Do you know where in Canada specifically it came from? Often the guys working in the oil patch making the big bucks rush out and buy new trucks when they get their first paycheck and then when things take a turn for the worse they go to auction. More often then not the trucks get abused pretty hard. The B20 designation means that it is OEM approved to run on any fuel up to 20% Biodiesel.

#3 ·
get the VIN and have your local Ford dealer run an OASIS report on the truck. Also see if the instrument cluster has the center display to show engine hours and idle hours. might be able to get it off a regular display also. Ask the seller to provide you a carfax report.

#5 ·
You can get hours and idle hours from the standard cluster, press setup and "RESET FOR SYS CHECK" comes up, press reset. It will scroll through a bunch of stuff then display hours

#4 ·
With the weak Canadian dollar and the downward spiral oil is taking, there is a ton of inventory in Alberta of used and new trucks. I'd cut the middleman out and see if a dealership in Alberta will sell directly to you. Because of this, I'd be weary of buying a used, especially, from auction truck. There's a lot of credit card delinquency happening here lately so, who knows how the truck has been maintained. People seem to be stretched thin with the patch and the economy so maintenance might not have been of the utmost importance.

A Canadian vehicle will have day time running lights on it (apparently this can be turned off via the dealer)
Main gauge cluster will be in km/h not miles. Miles will be smaller/on the inside of the speedometer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.