Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How long did ____ last?

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  jonpbarry 
#1 ·
I'm curious to know how long factory parts lasted on your truck before you needed to replace it.

- batteries
- breaks
- tires
- ect.

#3 ·
Kinda disappointed in the longevity of a couple of things -
The exhaust didn't last as long as I had expected. When I bought the truck new, I had expected the exhaust system to last the life of the truck. It didn't. Within the first year of ownership, it practically fell off! For some strange reason, my wife was more upset about it than I was.

The tires don't seem to be lasting either. I have been keeping them rotated, but the rears are wearing way to fast. Not sure how this will all pan out.

All in 18 months and 18,000 miles :scuffy

Reactions: DIGMAR
#4 ·
Batteries = 36 months
Brakes = 75,000 to 80,000 miles
Tires avg = 30,000 miles Although my current Toyo A/T2 s look like they will run 45,000 to 50,000
Hubs/Bearings = 100,000 miles
Shocks = 50,000 to 60,000
Coolant = 60,000 to 105.000 depending on severe vs normal duty
Serpentine Belt I changed my 2011 at 140,000

#7 ·
Batteries: Still on the originals, and holding strong.

Brakes: 60K Miles on the truck now and fronts are getting close, but still have life left. Rears look pretty good.

Stock Tires: ditched at 30K miles, had life left, but performed horribly unless on dry even pavement. at 30K miles on the Toyo ATIIs and have a lot of tread life left.

Exhaust: must be a common issue that Ford refuses to answer, mine fell off in my garage at about 25-26K miles. The Crank Case Breather also came loose and popped out....weird.

"Rancho" Shocks: toast at about 50K. upgraded to Fox 2.0s, incredible difference.

Steering: one worn Tie Rod end and a worn Drag-Link end as well. replacing them all this weekend.

#9 ·
61,xxx miles on my 2011 F250.

Rancho shocks replaced at 50k with Bilstein 5100's.

Brakes are starting to sqeek some and will probably get replaced in the spring.

Original Michilin tires lasted about 50k before being replaced.

Still on original batteries. They were just tested and operating the way the should.

I haven't had any exhaust related issues as of yet.

At 25k the rear pinion seal was leaking and was replaced under warranty.

#11 ·
Batteries = Little over 2.5 years
Brakes = 46K miles - It could have lasted little longer but I listened to the stealership
Tires = stock replaced at 40K
Shocks = replaced stock at 60 miles have Bilstein since the truck was new
Coolant = just checked at 48K miles and it is still good.

I have not had any of the other exhaust or any other issues. Actually until I read this thread I had never heard for exhaust issue. What do you mean when you say it fell off.

#14 ·
Yeah... I swear I pulled it into the garage to change the oil and fuel filters one day.... next thing I know all the plugs disconnected and I have 200Lbs paper weight in my storage area.

after the 3rd time having my truck shut down from a faulty EGT sensor, it was enough. dealer techs and service manager are actually the ones who finally talked me into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.