Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tune, EGR and DPF Delete or Extended Warranty

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  nosleepsheep 
#1 ·
Howdy, before I get flamed in regards to this post, I wanted to say that I DID search through the forums and a number of different posts for days in regards to an EGR and DPF delete for the 2011-2012 6.7.

But what I found was a whole bunch of divided opinions. I've heard several times that the 6.7 is a good motor and that you don't need to do any of those deletes. Is it absolutely necessary to do these deletes? Or could I just get an extended warranty and call it a day?

The truck I bought is an 2011 F350 with 106,000 miles. How long do I have before it's an absolute must to do the deletes if it's required?

Thank you to those who reply, in advance.

#2 ·
If you have 106k, you can'can't buy a new Ford ESP so that solves that part of the question.

The percentage of deleted trucks is extremely small compared to non deleted... so that answers the "is it necessary to delete".

Have you had an oasis run on the truck you bought? That will tell you the history to get a better idea how it has performed.

#3 · (Edited)
I wasn't talking about a Ford ESP, but a warranty from a reputable company that will cover turbo's, powertrain, emissions systems, etc...Received a quote of $1,956 for another 100K miles with 18 mos to pay, and $0 deductible.

No I haven't had an oasis ran on the truck...I honestly mostly just checked the car fax and shop receipts for service records and had my diesel mechanic check it out prior to buying at the person's house.

So far so good, it's running perfect (knock on wood).

It currently has an 8" lift. And I'm adding 37" tires and 22inch fuel wheels on Tuesday.

Could I add JUST a tune without the EGR and DPF delete and more than likely be fine? Or if I'm going to add a tune I might as well do the deletes?

I'm also worried about resale value and how deletes could possibly affect resale value...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.