Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2015 F-350 Crew Cab Blown 6.7. 5,600 miles.

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  VT19 
#1 ·
So today I was given the news that my engine is toast. Specifically the #2 fuel injector stayed open constantly releasing fuel which made its way into the crank shaft and the rest is history. Has anyone encountered this situation or issue? The dealership has told me I will be without the truck for 1-2 months while Ford does their "investigation" into the cause and finally repairs it. The truck had gone in for a check engine light and oil change 24 hours prior to it going poof. Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. I've never encountered an issue like this with any vehicle I have owned so I honestly don't know what to expect.

Thanks!

:crying::crying:

#6 ·
As stated, injectors issues are rair. i don't believe you are looking at 1-2 months.. if so, the dealership is not doing their due diligence in getting you up and running. I could see a 2-3 week timeframe between tear down and inspection, then approval for warranty, then a motor shipped and reinstallation.

If I were you, I would invoke the lemon law if they can't get you going with 30 days and I would also request them to provide a loaner vehicle while you are waiting. **** happens but there is no excuse to go beyond 30 days and if they want to take their sweet time, let them buy the truck back.

#7 ·
The fact that you had it in to the dealership - and the fact that they were the last ones to spin a wrench on it - is a gift from God in a situation like this.

I really wouldn't expect much grief from them about it. ...but keep repeating as a mantra: "I brought it to you. You are experts. You said that you fixed it. A day later it was dead. ...and you were the last ones to have touched it." Over and over.

The big issue now will be how long they drag it out. I hope not much. Good luck.

#8 ·
Dang the bad luck, You should qualify for a loaner truck!!!

#9 ·
With the factory Powertrain warranty they shouldn't be doing too much scrutinizing. Extended warranties are where you have to worry that they drag the process out too long and deny the claim. Major failures of any kind are rare on the 6.7 but anything can happen. It's just the nature of the beast.

#10 ·
So upon further discussion and research I found something quite interesting. The check engine code that was listed on my service order, which was the reason I brought the truck in originally, was for a "cylinder 2 fuel injector contribution/balance issue" not a software issue as I was told. So it is definitely a gift that they had the truck 24 hours prior and failed to address the issue that ultimately caused the engine to fail. I'd like to thank everyone for the messages and the comments. Hopefully they'll make this right.

#11 · (Edited)
... The check engine code that was listed on my service order, which was the reason I brought the truck in originally, was for a "cylinder 2 fuel injector contribution/balance issue" ...
It doesn't get more cut-and-tried than that. Still crappy. ...but it's about the best version of crappy that you could ever hope for!

#12 ·
its a slam dunk my man....... now go get your loaner vehicle. see if they have a used 6.7 on the lot you can drive, i would

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.