Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CTS2 question

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  lowmpg 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone with the CTS or CTS2 is using the PID for urea level? Mine shows 99% and has not changed. I know that it is not full. Other than this one PID I haven't seen anything else that doesn's appear to not be working correctly. I have not tried every one of them though.

#2 ·
I tried using the this PID but Ford does NOT use level sensors that allow accurate measurements. mine went from full to 66% and never dropped further. It was still 66% when I got the message about 500 miles.

I think you are as well off checking the center display for DEF status or wait till message pops up.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#3 ·
same here, CTS2 has said 66% for a long time, even though the dash console says less than 50%.. Most likely will remove from monitor and put something else there...

#4 ·
Thats what I was looking for! Thanks gents!!

#6 ·
Factory gauges just pop up a message when you're below 50% sensor in the urea tank. There is no gauge per say, just the warning message and miles to empty..at least that's how it is on my XLT cluster

#8 ·
my dad has a cts on his '15 and it only reads 99%, 66%, and 33%. don't know how accurate it is, but saw a write up somewhere that said that's all the sensor in the tank monitors. we just fill it when the 500 miles message pops up.

#10 ·
Yeah that PID is pretty useless as is the message of 500 miles until empty. Mine came on the other day got down to 200 miles to empty and the CTS2 showed 98%. I pulled into a truck stop as I had close to 400 miles left in my trip. Purchased a 2.5 gallon jug of DEF. It did not even take 3/4 of that jug to fill the tank to the point it ran all over the place. I let it sit is tried to put some more in with the same result. The CTS2 showed 100% at that point and the message center showed level ok. So something is goofy with the way the sensors work. I thought it was a little off as I had just filled the tank about 2500 miles ago.

Reactions: cscoios
#11 ·
I just ran into the same thing yesterday. The PID showed 93% and got the message center alert- 500 miles til empty. I filled it up with a 2.5 gallon jug of DEF and still showed the same thing. Drove 25 miles to work the next day and I regened during that time. AFTER the regen. The PID showed 100% immediately. Turned the truck off and back on- message center alert went away. The sensors are sporadic at best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.