Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

First full tank thru it

910 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Rockstarbass1 
#1 ·
Well I finally have ran one full tank thru my new to me 13' 250 with 13k miles on it. For doing a little over half highway driving and then city, mixed with it being winter fuel, and having a 6" lift and 325/60r20s I averaged 16mpg. My goal was to be around 18-20 mpg. I'm going to try some diesel additive and see what that does over all I'm pretty impressed.

#2 ·
That's awesome mileage compared to mine. I'm leveled w/37's and I've averaged 13mpg combined. I was hoping for 18-20 too! Lol.

#3 ·
I was going to take my 37s off my hummer that I traded in and put em on my 250 but decided to stick with the bfgs just for that reason... Fuel milage and this truck will never see mud, at least any time soon so I don't need mud terrains lol I also tend to drive like a grandpa. The speed limit here is mainly 60. I try to keep at 65. Going to work I might do 70 but never much more unless I'm passing or getting on the highway.

Also everyone says the computer is not accurate and you have to hand calculate. Mine was just about dead on. From the gallons used to the miles per gallon. Lol

#4 ·
My computer is pretty darn close. I don't bother hand calculation very often any more.

My 2011 truck got 18 mpg cruising on the freeway at 80 mph It was all stock. My 2015 gets 17 mpg but it is leveled and has 295/65R20 tires vs the stock 275. So either the tires/lift is costing me mileage or the extra 40 hp that the 2015s have is eating the mileage.

You guys with 6" lifts and 37" tires should be happy with 15-16 mpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.