Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Could my SCT kill my TCM?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  phantom-3k 
#1 ·
So I got my SCT Livewire TS back from being fixed at SCT, and I hooked it up to my truck and just left it with gauge mode on for a week to make sure things worked. Everything seemed fine for that week, so I went and tuned it to a canned SCT (Street) tune as I still have my emissions as well, and it tuned successfully. Fast forward about a week, my SCT is always plugged into my OBD port and on Gauge screen. I have had random no-starts with the remote start but over thought it as it started fine with the key. I go to leave work last Wednesday and the remote start (factory) didn't work and it beeped back at me. Tried again and same result. Went and started my truck with the key and errors related to the TCM (Service AdvanceTrack, and Hill Descent Deactive) check engine light and wrench light all came on. Had no power in forward. Checked over to the livewire as I was going to check codes, and it acted like it was hooked up to another vehicle. Checked the codes and U0101 Lost Communication with the TCM was the only thing there. Tried tuning it back to stock and it failed between tuning ECM and TCM, which I guess I expected. SCT tried sending me a file that they said would help and it didn't. Shop diagnosed it to a fried TCM, all cabling is good to and from the TCM.

Could it have been possible that, somehow through voodoo science :poke, that maybe the SCT tune or tuner killed my TCM, even though the SCT wasn't being used at the time of start, other than going into gauge mode like normal?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.