Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Finally bumped up to 37's

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  ford09 
#1 ·
Finally got around to getting the 37's on today! I'm running a 4 inch Zone radius arm lift with 37x12.50r20. I'm surprised that I have had no rubbing issues. Granted, I haven't been offroad or anything but for daily driving it works out perfect. I think they fill out the wheel wells much better than 35's and there's not really any difference in MPG from 35's to 37's IMO.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Yep, looks good! Don't know if I'll be able to go down to 35's, I thought I would but love the look of 37's.

Side note: What are you doing about a spare?

#12 ·
I recently went with 37x13.50 Toyo RT's on my leveled F350. I couldn't be happier. They look great, are nice and quiet and should handle any terrain I throw at them. As a bonus, the ride softened up a bit too.

#14 ·
lookin' good, bro...

I just slapped some replacement 37's on my 09... went with cooper stt pro's, which is a little weird for me to use something that hasn't been thoroughly tested... tire has only been on the market for a few months.

pulled yoko geolander at/s's off... they are a fine tire, and don't even have a third of the tread used... I need the more aggressive treads, though, and these ought to serve my purpose better.

geolanders:

and now the coopers:

I'm centering the rear axle tomorrow and slapping on a new PMF track bar up front, and then alignment and inspection... Also, the flares will go back on, too.

#15 ·
Looks good man! I almost went with the same cooper's but I found a good deal on the Toyo's and went with them. I had the Discoverer A/T's on mine before I put the lift on and they have about 55,000 miles on them with a fair amount of tread left. I was kind of like you were, I needed a more aggressive tread than an a/t. Do the pro's ride pretty good?

#16 ·
Thanks, man!!

with all of maybe 250 miles on them, they are ROCK solid... zero squirm like the discovers under load... fairly quiet- no louder than the discovers at highway speed, but louder under 25mph... I went with a 11" rim, from a 9.5" rim, which squared the profile dang near straight up and down... I wanted the 13.5 SST pro, but they were out.. curiously, the 12.5 was more expensive (by $40/tire)... they made up for it with some discounts elsewhere, though..... so far, so good... I'm going to have them re-balanced tomorrow, too... there is a spot in the wheel I put on the drivers front that obviously had weights, but doesn't anymore... who knows if they came off during shipping, or if they were removed to fine tune... will find out tomorrow.

#17 ·
Yeah I've always thought Cooper was a really good tire. If the pro's are anything like the rest of their line, they'll be some good tires. I saw the same thing when I was pricing tires. Some 12.5 were much higher than 13.5. I thought that was pretty odd considering it is a bigger size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.