Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

question about front springs

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ocwill1 
#1 ·
OK suspension gurus, I have a question. I have the snow plow package on my 2015 250, and from what I have read, that is equipped with the 6000# rated springs. I have also read on here that there are softer (4800#) springs. Can someone answer a couple of questions for me.

1. What would be the part number, Tasca has 9 different springs listed, all with different letter codes, nothing about weight.

2. If I do get the lower rated springs, will this lower the front end any where I need to get a level kit, right now it sits pretty level without one. I want to be sure before I purchase new Fox 2.0 shocks. Looking for a softer ride, I know I am not going to get the F150 ride, but I know I can get better. I have already replaced the rear shocks with 5100's, but I am going to replace them with 2.0's as well..

Thanks for any and all input...

willie

#2 ·
I've been wondering the same. I spent some time searching previously and didn't come up with anything. Ideally I was hoping somebody has decoded the part numbers to spring weights. There's got to be a cross reference floating around somewhere.

#3 ·
Coil spring rates and part numbers have not changed on these trucks. 6k coils are the stiffest you can get from the factory on a SRW super duty. I would not reccomend 4.8k coils for a diesel Super Duty. They are way too soft. My truck came with 5.2k coils and it would bottom-out turning into my suburban driveway.

The part number for the Super Duty coils is 5c3z-5410. The letter code at the end indicates the spring rate. 7,000 LB F550 are part number 5c3z-5410-AA. This is the highest rated coil that Ford makes that will fit a Super Duty.

From here downward it goes:

"BA" = 6,500 LB. (F550/F450)
"CA" = 6,000 LB (highest rated coil from the factory on F250/350 SRW; snow plow prep package).
"DA" = 5,600 LB.
"EA" =5,200 LB

Personally I would look first at tire pressures and then shocks before changing coils in search of a better ride. I went to Icon 2.5" CDC shocks and the ride is awesome - and fully adjustable. This is with Tuff Truck 7,500lb leveling coils.

Reactions: xcntrk
#5 ·
what are your tire pressures at and do you throw a warning from the tpms??? I have mine at 65 f/r like it has on the door jamb...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.