Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2015 wipers come on one time when you start truck?

3K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Horizon122 
#1 ·
weirdest thing. Truck didnt do this for first week we got the truck last December... then it happened at random a couple times, and after a month, every time you turn the key on to start the truck, the wipers wipe one time. the COURTEOUSY wipe is on OFF. I even had a tech hookup a ford IDS and couldn't find anything on it why it would do this besides possibly trying a re-flash.

#4 ·
Ive always had it happen every now and then. Bought the truck new and it did it both before and after it was tuned. Only happens every now and then though. As many computers that in these things I'm not really surprised by it though.

#7 ·
My 2014 has done the same thing from new. Before & After it was tuned.

#9 ·
Mine has done it too. Seems like a sequence when shutting the truck off triggers it I have tried different scenarios when I shut the truck off to see if I can figure out what makes it happen but so far can't. I am concerned, winter is coming and I don't want them doing it then.

#11 ·
My '13 does it as well. One of the last remaining mysteries on this truck. My buddy said he had a theory on why the truck does this, but he can't remember what it is. It is probably something really smart like telling you your door is open when you start your truck or something. Just wish I knew what my truck was trying to tell me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.