Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Odd noise

486 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  GunnarReeves 
#1 · (Edited)
So I bought a 2015 F250 in March, and up until now it has been flawless! During the last two regeneration cycles, I've heard what sounds like a rod knocking while driving. It will happen and I listen to it, but it goes away after a few seconds...what could this be? It doesn't throw any codes, and I've only heard it during the regen cycle. The truck does sound a little bit different during the regeneration cycle, but so does my dad's 2011, so I figure that's normal, but not this "knock" that comes and goes. It will only do it once or twice, then when its done regenerating, I never hear it. I listened for it for the next 150 miles after it happened the first time. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet because I don't know what they're going to do about it other than run diagnostics. I am running Archoil AR6200 each tank and I have Archoil AR9100 on standby for my next oil change which is in roughly 1,000 miles. My truck just turned 11,000 miles this morning on the way to work

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.