Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

How small of rim can you go on a newer Super Duty?

11K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  warhammer 
#1 · (Edited)
I, personally, do not see the attraction of the larger rims (20", 22", etc) on lifted trucks. Again, this is just my opinion, but I really like the bigger tire, smaller wheel look. I would think this gives you better dirt capability as well. This is not the best example, but notice how the rims are smaller, more traditional, and the tires are bigger:

With that said, how small of rim can you go on a new Super Duty? Id imagine 17" is about as small as you would want to go.

I think 37x13.50's on a 17" wheel would look awesome on a 8" lift

Really like the functional, purpose built wheels. This wheel/tire combo would be perfect in my opinion on a 8" lifted Powerstroke. I think these are Baja T/As, but not sure:

See less See more
#3 ·
It depends on the year of the truck and the backspace on the wheels.

You can run just about any 17" wheel on the '11-'12 trucks. The '13+ trucks have a slightly larger caliper. It seems that as long as you stick with a wheel with 5" or less of backspace on those trucks you will be fine.

I too agree on the biggest tire/smallest wheel that will fit. Less expensive, weighs a bit less, and rides better. Win-Win-Win!

Here's my '11 with 37's on 17's with a 2.5" Carli system:

#11 ·
#7 ·
Here's my 2013 with 17s on it. I get so many compliments on how the truck looks with them. I teach high school and students as well as teachers say they love how my truck looks. I'm with you on the smaller can look better OP.

Attachments

Reactions: Skyd Ram
#18 ·
I have a different year but rocking them 35's on 16's. Not a fan of anything above 20's and only like deep dish 20's for certain stances.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.