Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Toolbox that fits under Roll N Lock Tonneau...

18K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Emariscal22 
#1 ·
Well, after searching all over the internet and talking to different vendors and manufacturers I decided on the Dee Zee 8556. I was really leaning towards a Highway Products custom box, but it would have ended up costing $1600+ shipped. Most manufacturers do not have a box with the proper dimensions that will work from their standard lineup. I have a LWB, so sacrificing the space was something I could live with.

DeeZee os not my first choice in Toolboxes, but I am very limited in what I can fit underneath my RNL Tonneau. I am talking about getting the most amount of box underneath there. The biggest constraint was the height of most boxes - it narrowed the field down.

I had two UWS boxes in the past and loved them. They were much better built than the DeeZee. To be fair, the DeeZee only cost $277 shipped. So, it is not in the same ball park in cost and quality.

That said...if any of you that have an RNL and need a box that fits, then you might wan to consider this one.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought about that approach. I have some expensive tools I would rather have a second level of protection for underneath the tonneau.

#4 · (Edited)
my tool chest has a remote opener tied to the alarm and being a weather guard it is hard to get in to specially with no pry points due to the R&L can and bedsides being so close to the lid edges

I keep the more expensive tools in a drawer chest that is behind the locking tailgate and it is also alarmed

basically you have to open the tailgate (pop n lock) then open the locking drawers

Attachments

#5 ·
my tool chest has a remote opener tied to the alarm and being a weather guard it is hard to get in to specially with no pry points due tot he R&L can and bedsides being so close to the lid edges

I keep the moor expensive tools in a drawer chest that is behind the locking tailgate and it is also alarmed

basically you have to open the tailgate (pop n lock) then open the locking drawers
I do like your setup! I was checking it out while I was trying to figure out what to do with mine.

I need my bed space free and clear to put equipment I use at the track, as well as just for general work stuff. My torque wrenches alone are over $3K, so having the box covered helps with less temptation and a second line of defense.

#6 ·
ZMANN: I like your setup--making me realize what I want to achieve just may be possible after all.

It appears you also have Weatherguard weekender ladder racks mounted in your bed. Is this true and do they clear the Roll-n-lock rails? If you do have them, where is your front weekender pocket located/installed?

Also, are you able to post the Weatherguard box model # you have?

Thanks!!

#7 ·
I did the same thing as ZMANN on my old work truck. Cut the Roll n Lock rails to size and put my cross box at the front. Had to get rid of the Roll n Lock because it kept freezing up in the winter making my bed inaccessible. Have a Bak Flip now, and am currently looking for a toolbox that will fit under the bedrails. Looks like I might have to go with a Dee Zee...

Reactions: ZMANN
#8 ·
I have a Weatherguard low profile that is about 2" under the bed rails...I love it...Out of sight and out of the way. Spacious interior too..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.