Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bed Upgrades with PICs

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Timbo126 
#1 ·
Here are some bed upgrades that I've been working on lately and thought some of you might be interested.

Truxedo Bed Cover that can easily be removed

Bed Lighting

Hidden Bed Light Switch

Straps to hold the Bed Cover when not in use

Swing Case Tool Box

Bike mounting bar. Had to move the bar after this picture was taken to make room for the bed cover

Sorry for the updside down picture but I didn't feel like reloading it still gets the point across. But during the LineX they removed the tailgate step handle and replaced it with the factor cover. I still have the step though.

See less See more
#2 ·
What'd you use for bed lights?

#6 ·
I just purchased some lights off superbrightleds.com. They are magnetic to so I didn't have to drill any holes in tot eh truck bed. They are also waterproof so no need to worry about them being in the elements. I wired them all up myself though. But it's a good light that was pretty cheap. I bought 4x 12" bars.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/aluminum-light-bars/wlf-series-high-power-led-waterproof-light-bar-fixture/680/

Be careful with the weight on the swing box both of mine broke at the latch.
It looks like they may have updated that latch since you bought yours. My latch looks completely different and a lot more robust. I hope thats not the case though because I have that case loaded down already. Did you fill the holes you drilled in your bed with silicon or anything to keep the bed from rusting?

Looking good!

I like that bike rack, where did you get it?
Thanks, yeah the bike rack is awesome. My buddies and I have a couple bikes and this bar should hold three bikes easily. I had it line-x on my own though.

DirtWerkz - CCR Sport - The Bed Buddy - Motorcycle Tie-Down Support brace for Trucks, CCR Sport Pro Moto Truck Rack

#7 ·
It looks like they may have updated that latch since you bought yours. My latch looks completely different and a lot more robust. I hope thats not the case though because I have that case loaded down already. Did you fill the holes you drilled in your bed with silicon or anything to keep the bed from rusting?
Interesting I may have to call em up.

I hit it with a rattle can.

#8 ·
Yeah if you go to their website and click on the design tab, theres a picture that shows the new latch. It's a small picture but you can see it.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.