Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rear seat in Crew Cab

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  mach14604 
#1 ·
Question that I am trying to get to the bottom of... Just bought a new 2015 Platinum F350 SRW Crew Cab. Went to look at the rear seat as I was picking it up from the dealership (putting the child seat in the back) and noticed that passenger side rear seat cushion sets about an inch away from the other bottom seat cushion plus there is about an inch gap also with the seat back on the upright cushion. I am wondering if this is normal? I just had a 2014 Super Duty same style but it was a Lariat and didnt have a gap or anything as the cushions on the top and bottom were snug and no gap. I got in and measured both sides from door panel to seat cushion and they are not even and the passenger side is confirmed an inch closer to the door.(I noticed that the car seat sits closer to the door and my son can touch the buttons as he couldn't on the last truck. Anyone shed some light on this (is this normal?) I thought maybe the cushion was different in the Platinum line or maybe there was some supplier issues? Kind of feel that kind of money for this truck it should have better fit and finish! Should I say something and take it back to have it fixed? Can it be fixed I guess is the better question.

#3 ·
Holy crap my 15 platinum is the same way! Was putting my sons car seat in and noticed it too! My 13 lariat had no gap. Wtf is going on!!!

#4 ·
Yup, no issues with this on my 2012. I pulled all of the seats out at around 100K miles to clean and vacuum thoroughly...when reinstalling I don't remember seeing any adjustments on the brackets...but I wasn't exactly looking for them.

#5 ·
I can say that I have done some research since this and it is on all Crew Cab Trucks regardless of trim level. ( I had a friend at a dealership confirm this.) From best I can tell it looks to have started around the middle of 2014 Model year and has been that way ever since.

#7 ·
I have a 2015 King ranch and have not noticed any gap that sticks out to me. Everything looks even on my rear seat. Can you take a picture of it?

#9 ·
I don't have any gaps on my 2015.
Can you guys get some pictures of this? I have an inch gap between the two seats. It is continuous from the seat back to the seat bottom cushion. In the Lariat I had the seats sat flush against each other. In this truck that is not the case.
I honestly am starting to believe that it was a supplier issue.

#8 ·
I don't have any gaps on my 2015.

#13 · (Edited)
Man...that is some serious gap. It should not look like that regardless of what year.

I took apart my 2004 installing a subwoofer system and removed the rear seats - the design has not changed. I remember there was some wiggle room as I put everything back together. The smaller section has one bolt connected to the floor board on the front - loosen that. You need to lift both seat cushions in the upright position and you will expose the plastic tray underneath. There are two bolts that attach this plastic piece to the smaller seat section frame - loosen those bolts. Then you will need to loosen the bolt in the rear of the frame of the small section.

You should be able to muscle the smaller section closer to the larger section and bolt everything down. The hinge portion that connects to the larger section should be the same distance as the larger section gap in the shaft. You can tell in your pics that the shaft in which the lower seat rotates is exposed more than it should be, thus the reason why you have that extra gap.

I bet the person that installs the seats on the assembly line is consistently not pushing the smaller section in far enough while torquing the bolts down.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Attachments

#12 ·
ever notice the back doors look like they ain't shut all the way?

#16 ·
I want it fixed and Ford is now giving me a hard time about it. I looked the other day and found that the stitching is coming out of the seat. I am pissed about it. I also have noticed that the handles for the seat back do not fit properly either and you can see the bolt that holds them in and the you can see the cushion inside the seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.