Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

cheapest way to ship a set of tires

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Hanlon99 
#1 ·
has anyone done any research on shipping tires or wheels. I sold my set of factory 34s on EBAY and put in 125.00 to ship. Im starting to wonder if that was enough because everywhere I'm looking is saying $400 + to ship

#2 ·
How were you planning on shipping? My experience would tell me to band them to a skid and ship via LTL. However, when I buy tires online they always seem to come fedex ground. LTL should be cheaper for the weight of wheels and tires, probably between $100-250.

#3 ·
just 4 tires, no wheels

#4 ·
Get measurements and weights for each tire and plug in on fedex website to get a quote. You can slap a fedex label on each tire no packaging required.

#6 ·
If you put them on a pallet you can believe it or not ship through Fastenal very inexpensively. I have moved some tractor parts across the country that were very heavy numerous times for about $130.00. Go on there web site and go to the section up top where it says 3rd party logistics. Good luck

#10 ·
man i got to hand it to ya, i went all over the place getting quotes for shipping to day as well as over the weekend. everywhere i went was $288.00 or higher. FedEx, UPS, averitt wanted 536.00. Went to the Fastenal dealer righ town the street from my house........ $125.00. all you have to do is strap it to a pallet and make sure nothing sticks out outside the dimensions of the pallet and you are good to go. Thank you very much for your input, i really appreciate it.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
#7 ·
When I was stationed in Italy, tires came banded in twos shipped via USPS. These were 17 inch LT tires. I paid $120 shipping from TireRack. I would imagine it is close to the same.

Cale

#9 ·
I used to work for Cooper Tire. All of the tires that I bought through the employee purchase program arrived UPS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.