Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ford customer service telling me get lost...

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  8000lboffice 
#1 ·
Anyone have a warranty battle and have luck dealing with them? Truck had a recall done that re flashed the pcm. As soon as I picked it up on the way home i noticed i could not get my phone to pair, music to play, etc. sync system was all messed up. Dealer tried twice to fix it and failed both times and are now giving up because they don't want to pay for it. So they have acknowledged the recall did something to the system but both them and the regional warranty rep refuse to go any further with it. Called the customer service department and they told me their decision was final. Who else can i contact to get this resolved? Isn't there a customer service rep member on here?

Any and all advice is appreciated!

#2 ·
Can you take it to another dealer? That's BS they acknowledge that the update caused the issue and won't fix it.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#3 ·
I'd try another dealer, or call corporate, last resort get a lawyer.

#4 ·
Matt, when you were pairing your phone to sync, were you doing this by usb cord or BT?

#5 ·
Have you tried rebooting sync, remove all prior phone pairing (from both sync and phone), then start over in the pairing process? It's possible something got hung up this happened to me recently in moving to IOS-9. Which btw, you should update your phone SW to the latest version as well...

#6 ·
Tried calling another dealer they won't fix it because they didn't mess it up, is essentially what they told me. So it would be out of my pocket. System is totally frozen, won't let me into setting to do a system reset, tired pulling the fuse, tried leaving the batteries disconnected. Tried updated the sync system with a usb thumb drive but the usb and aux ports will not read anything.

#7 · (Edited)
I had a frozen Sync...no bluetooth, no pairing, no master reset available, fuses pulled, batteries disconnected, nothing...dead in the water. Truck was less than 1 year old, but over the 36K miles (if I remember correctly it was in the low 40s)...I took my warranty claim/denial all the way to the regional Ford warranty person...they told me to pound sand. Out of miles = out of warranty. I told them that their electronics (that we pay thousands of dollars for) should last at least 12 months...it's not mileage related...no luck.

I left it unrepaired for 2 years because I was pissed off about the whole deal...MSRP 63K, less than 12 months old, won't give me a $300 part to make a client happy. I just recently replaced the Sync module, $270 at the dealer, located behind the glove box, four screws, 5 minutes, did it myself...no programming was required...now everything works (except my mic, totally different issue).

#9 ·
Kinda been there but different issue, was a fight with Insurance company. So, my advice from experience is get a lawyer to write a friendly letter to the dealer on how they are responsible, might coast 50 bucks. But it worked for me and 3 days later the insurance settled. I will always entertain a lawyer letter.

Good Luck

#10 ·
i would take it back to the dealer and park it there, then i would go call a descent lawyer and begin the process. Ford only deals with problems in 3 instances: someone dies.... sales plummet or in your case someone sues and it hits them in the pocket book.

#11 ·
what recall was the pcm reflash for? was it for the transmission learning system ("adaptive learning")? If they only flashed the pcm and didn't also do the tcm then they are not communicating well and giving the pcm a brain freeze.

#12 ·
Not sure what they did, gave up dealing with them. They will not return my calls at this point. Bought a synch apim module for $315 put it in myself. Everything works again accept now my microphone will not recognize my voice for commands or talking hands free on the phone :mad::dunno:

#13 ·
Matt,

Yours sounds EXACTLY like mine. My mic stopped working first though. Mic died, then Sync module went down a little while later. Module replaced, everything works again (except mic). If either one of us gets it working, we should let the other person know. I've unplugged my mic and plugged a new one in...did not solve the issue, so I know it's not the mic itself. I also ran continuity tests on the mic wiring, from above my head, all the way to the back of the truck under the headliner, down the passenger C-pillar, along the passenger door floorboards to the front of the truck (under the glove box). My next step is from there, all the way to the radio head unit. Would sure like to find out WTH the problem is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.