Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Back in the world of compression engines

503 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JasonY 
#1 ·
Well, I'm back! I just inked a deal on a '15 F-250. I sold my '04 6.0 two years ago when the odometer rolled 225K and have regretted getting rid of that bulletproofed hotrod ever since.

My ultimate truck had always been an '01 Platinum in that classy silver/gray paint scheme. My '15 has the same paint colors and I can't wait for them to deliver it tomorrow!

While I was 'slumming' in my half-ton gasser, I got out of the diesel loop and am diving back into diesels headfirst when my new ride shows up.

Clearly the improvements in 11 years of vehicle development have been fast paced. What do I need to keep an eye out for in my new pickup - beyond what the owner's manual is going to tell me. It's a loaded Lariat if that matters.

#2 ·
Factory maintenance schedule is inadequate.

Oil on the 5's and Fuels every 10.

Just like the 6.0, get a CTS the factory EVIC is pretty much useless.

Otherwise, its very similar to your 6.0. Same cab, better seats, updated interior, much better brakes, the exhaust brake is awesome, the trans shifting and logic is finally a match or a superior to the Allison, its always in the right gear when dragging something. The power stock is obsurd imo and the trans lets you have a lot or all of it, especially compared to the hunk of crap 68RFE in the Rams which you dont get jack from it until 4th gear and its a sloppy mess thats geared too high otherwise.

For the negatives, the fuel mileage is the worst of the 3, regens a lot imo, get about 250 miles between if im not towing something, then it'll still do it every 500 anyway. The frame is noticeably more jittery/wobbly than the other two if you've ever spent any real time in either the Ram or GMC.

Its a good truck with a track record of being built with the higher quality components than the other two in the places where it matters, like the HVAC and electrical stuff.

Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.