Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

She's here

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  lodiengineer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 ·
Thanks. Lariat with every possible thing you can get except massaging seats and heated steering. Love the LED upgrade, 360 cameras, clearance LED's . not to sure about the adaptive steering and cruise. 6" 4 link with 37" Nitto trail grapplers. Very quiet for an aggressive tread. Putting on air system and of course super obnoxious horn with grill a 20' ridged light bar mounted under the front bumper tomorrow

#9 ·
I drove truck and 5th wheel 500 miles this weekend with semi trucks on highway, the adaptive cruise is the best value upgrade I purchased.

Reactions: Ferris70
#12 ·
I'm 53 and just received the lift kit for my '04. Getting older is unavoidable, growing up you can fight

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Great looking truck...congrats!! Who says old guys can't get it up? :laugh2:

Reactions: SparkyF250
#16 ·
Nice truck!!

#17 ·
See that? Why it pays to check out the forum once in a while.. Nice truck, congrats looks great. Adaptive steering and cruise were both features I've been on the fence about. I love using cruise control, but the highways are so crowded now it's almost impossible to set a speed and relax. Everyone is going different speeds; you're either passing or someone is going around you then... slowing down to the point you have to cancel the cruise. Glad to hear 2 members who got it say it was worth the $$. That's the thing... The truck can be bought at a reachable price, but when you start adding all the stuff.. And really, if you're spending over $60k, do you want to skip a feature you'll wish you had for the next 8 + years? So, it adds up and you're over$70K.. Also all this talk about age.... I'm heading for 50 myself.. but it makes perfect sense if you think about it. Honestly, how many 20 yr olds can swing a 60-$80k truck? Lift or no lift, don't care what tires go on, it's a big purchase. Saw the post with some of the new 2018 colors, can't wait to see them on a real truck..

#18 ·
Yes. With the adaptive cruise, set your max speed and your "gap" of 3 settings, and the truck will just cruise along and keep up until it hits your max speed. It will use the brakes to slow when traffic slows. I'm told it will bring the truck to a complete stop if needed. I've been a little hesitant about testing it. I have tested it down to about 10 mph, but I was afraid to go all the way. I was worried it would kick off all of a sudden and I would lurch into the car that was ahead of me. I'm going to test it one of these days with my wife in front of me in her truck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Tested the adaptive cruise yesterday. It will slow you with the brakes to about 5 mph. At that point, it mutes the radio, rings a little bell that you can just barely hear, and shuts the system off. At that point, if you don't apply the brakes, the truck would essentially idle into the vehicle ahead of you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.