Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Incentives are rising...

12K views 61 replies 22 participants last post by  Dudeonthenet 
#1 ·
I hope they offer 0% this year. For those who have been around the super duty for a while, what do you think the chances are on a first year rig?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I just read an article about Ford's Financial division being its most profitable sector. At 6.9% I understand why!

#5 ·
Even if they do offer 0% on the higher end trucks this fall, there's also the matter of total price you pay for the truck. The F series trucks are selling so well right now, they aren't ready to drop their drawers on price yet. I think the new SD is laying a huge hurt on GM and Dodge, but I've also heard lots of guys are brand loyal. From my viewpoint, the Ford is ahead of everyone else right now with this redesign. My wife knows how bad I want one, but we both agree on waiting until the price and maybe some of the initial excitement fades. We went for a quick test drive 3 months ago... I would go for another, but not going to torture myself until I'm ready to buy.

#6 ·
haha, we just bought a used 2013 for work, lariat crew cab, sat in a 2017 xlt long bed crew, was sweet, about 60k sticker, that will be the next personal truck thats for sure to tow the trailers with. The back seat is great, i'd rather someone drive me around in one! we have a 16 long bed crew lariat, 14 f550 lariat 176" wb i have an aluminum 9'6" mason dump body on and an 11 f350 short bed crew lariat for the diesels, its about time on the 17s, bought the 16 nov 2015, knew the 17s would be out soon but needed new truck then.

#8 ·
no, the financing is independent of what you agree to pay at the dealer, however, you will give up some "rebates/manufacturers cash" usually to get 0%. when i got my 2014, i paid more down, to get the lowest apr at that time avail but still got all rebates applicable, at 4.20%. It works out to save more if i pay off the truck in the 48 month term.

Ricart Ford in Ohio has $7600 in discounts on this truck.. New 2017 Ford F-350 Truck Lariat For Sale | Columbus & Groveport OH

btw, they have hundreds of superduties in stock, i bought our 2014 and 2016 there and i live in NJ.

You should qualify for all those rebates they have advertised on their site, they don't add in like 15 $500 offers to say they'll knock 9k off then you go in and you only qualify for $2k off.

#9 ·
I just purchased at 2017 f250 xlt and got $7250 off sticker and chase gave me 3.49% for 84 mos. I was gonna wait but the test drive sold me and I sold my 2016 f150 for a great price to private party.

Reactions: almostlucid
#10 ·
Shop around for financing. In March I got 2.99% for 84 months at a credit union. 0% sounds great (if offered) but you have to compare it against lost incentives too. Additionally via the credit union I have the ability to skip 1 payment a year on my loan. Of course skipping means it's added to the end of the term so I still have to make 84 monthly payments but it may help out around Christmas time, etc.

#11 ·
I got 1.99% for 60 months at a local Credit Union. The ability to skip a payment could come in handy if you have a family emergency. My Credit Union didn't offer that.

#16 ·
Since you are this far in the year I would wait until the 18's come out and get a much larger savings on the 17. You could likely save thousands over today's price if you can wait 3-4 months. I bought my 17 in November and paid too dollar. I need to replace our other truck and am waiting until the 18's come out to do so at a discount.

#17 ·
I seen a 61k truck marked down below 54 today. It is everything I want but leather. And the color. It's silver. I'd rather have a ruby red or black. It's silver. But it has everything I want and don't need. I'm struggling with going in tomorrow and doing a trade. I'm still upside down on my trade in but not by much now. This truck has fifth wheel prep and camera for it. Most fords don't have that

Reactions: almostlucid
#24 ·
No worries. Any time someone makes a blanket statement like I did it certainly doesn't apply to everyone. I know some very wealthy people who use a lot of financing to do it. Not my thing but it works for them.

I just know so many friends and family who crush themselves with car payments. One friend he and his wife always have new cars/trucks and huge payments. They have the latest greatest but they don't own a home and rent and they have virtually zero savings. They have good jobs and could be doing very well financially if it wasn't for their vehicles. Saddens me. One day it is going to hit them maybe when they are 50 that they basically have a zero net worth and the pissed all their money away for the past 20 years so they could drive new vehicles.

#28 ·
First off, what is a WT? Is that a new model for 2017? Also, one of our moderators, Blwnsmoke has some documentation that shows that the 2018s won't be out until later in the year, like November.

#32 · (Edited)
So I was told by the Internet manager of a dealer about 90 miles away, that If I built a Ford thru them I could expect invoice pricing and would receive any rebate or incentives that would be available at the time my truck was delivered about 6 weeks later.
So is that a fair deal-- invoice pricing?
Also is there a historical period of time that Ford offers the best rebates/incentives-- if so I would order the truck 6 weeks ahead of that period of rebates and hope I get lucky that it's ready then.

#33 ·
Rebates and incentives are entirely based on supply and demand. This model year has been in very high demand, so Ford hasn't had the opportunity to really flood the supply side. I doubt seriously that incentives will go up much, at least until they roll out the 18's. I picked mine up in April (ordered in February) for $600 below invoice. And I kept the incentives. Holdback is roughly $2500 or so on the f250 diesel so if you pay a dealer invoice price, the dealer is getting $2500 or so to pay their bills. Depending on the dealer this could be more than they need, about right or less than they need. My dealer is a small dealer with no salesmen other than the owner. He also doesn't stock vehicles, everything is ordered, so his overhead is very low.

The incentives I received were the $1000 that everyone gets, and $500 first responder rebate.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#34 ·
Incentivies

Anyone know of anything coming down the pike here? My truck is on the truck leaving Chicago tomorrow for her new home in my garage. If there will be a new incentive July 1, I'll take delivery post the first. Any knowledge would be great.

At this point even lies would be encouraging. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#38 ·
Anyone know of anything coming down the pike here? My truck is on the truck leaving Chicago tomorrow for her new home in my garage. If there will be a new incentive July 1, I'll take delivery post the first. Any knowledge would be great.

At this point even lies would be encouraging. :)

There may be an additional incentive for the 4th of July. The current incentives are good through the 5th of July. I would wait to see what they are if I was you.

#35 ·
The incentive is having a new truck. And there will be an incentive post July first its just how far past the first it would be.:rofl:

Reactions: ekimv65
#58 · (Edited)
I just purchased (13 NOV 17) a 2017 Lariat FX4 and their rate was 5.49, Went online before leaving the dealership and refi'd through my bank at 2.64.

Reactions: ekimv65
#59 ·
FYI, my credit union is offering 1.49% loans on new vehicles and 2.49% on used vehicles, tough to beat ... As far as I know, anyone can join this credit union. I have a credit card from them that gives me 5% rebate on all fuel purchases, and it's an instant rebate, on each statement. Penfed.org

#61 ·
I have a credit card from them that gives me 5% rebate on all fuel purchases, and it's an instant rebate, on each statement. Penfed.org
I see their card that offers 5x POINTS on gas purchases (PenFed Platinum Rewards VISA Signature Card), but no card that says 5% on gas purchases. And nothing is clear about what a "point" is or how you redeem it.

They have another card that offers 1.5% cash back (PenFed Power Cash Rewards VISA Signature Card), but that's the only card that uses the words CASH back.

Which card do you have and, if its the one offering 5x POINTS, how does that equate to 5% CASH back?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.