Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Upfitter switch uses

34K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Tricon 
#1 ·
I have six switches just begging to do something, but I can't think a single neat thing to do with any of these switches.
If it were a work truck, I could think of several things, but mine is a daily driver and not used for work.
So could some of you let me know what you use yours for?
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Aux lights, emergency lights (fire/ems), high idle switch, on/off switch for an air compressor, power switch of a winch; the uses are innumerable. On my 14, I have my red (fire) lights hooked up to aux 1, aux 2 is for my front facing driving lights, aux 3 is for the strobes in the four corners, and aux 4 is for my rear facing floods.

Really wish I had 6

#3 ·
Regardless of whether it is a work truck or not, LED backup lights under the bed are fantastic!!

#5 ·
Used a hole in the hitch frame.. I didn't want to drill in the bumper or use an existing hole because it is painted and will chip away and rust. I also wanted more of a stealth view of them where they were tucked up under and hidden unless you looked under the truck. I used #4 (lowest amperage) because they are LEDs and don't use much.. Bright as hell. (I have a 15 so only 4 Upfitters).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013HCEE04/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I'm actually going to buy 2 more sets and mount them in the rear of my camper as well as midway so when backing up at night, it lights up everywhere around it.

Reactions: cscoios and JesseKK
#9 ·
I'm going to do 2 towards the rear on each side and I'm going to do 2 just north of the front door on each side so it shows the whole sides of the camper.

Trying to backup in pitch black with a 40ft camper into a campsite is... well.... :banghead:

Hell, my wife and I can't even hear each other yelling at each other that far away (need to buy 2 way radios) hahaha..

#7 ·
Can you wire those LED backup lights into the reverse lights? I do have a spare Upfitter switch on my '08 but I'd like to save it for something else.

#8 ·
I would assume you could as it only needs a power feed. I did it to my upfitters because I wanted them on without needing the truck in reverse (plowing - I want them on at all times in the parking lot.. in campgrounds etc.. too many reasons to want them on independently).

Reactions: baptizo
#18 ·
Front E Locker.

#20 ·
I dove under the dash today to try and find the pass through wires but can't seem to find em. I found the ones in the engine bay easy enough...anyone help a brother out and point me in the right direction? There doesnt seem to be anything in the owners manual either about them?

Trying to hook up my dash cam, would love to not have to run everything through the firewall. Can I hook it up right at the upfitter switches? That would probably be easiest.

#22 ·
I dove under the dash today to try and find the pass through wires but can't seem to find em. I found the ones in the engine bay easy enough...anyone help a brother out and point me in the right direction? There doesnt seem to be anything in the owners manual either about them?

Trying to hook up my dash cam, would love to not have to run everything through the firewall. Can I hook it up right at the upfitter switches? That would probably be easiest.

Did you look on the passenger footwell panel? I believe they are buried on the outside panel just ahead of the passenger door. There are a few YouTube videos out there they may be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.