Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Took Delivery!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  PawPaw 
#1 ·
Picked her up on Saturday. Major exceeds expectations. So quiet. So many features, functions and gadgets. Looking forward to enjoying many years of carefree travels.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats! I just got mine, too, and agree with your "major exceeds expectations" assessment.

Reactions: jd4010
#3 ·
The only thing I'm scratching my head on is truck bed storage. From my '04 I pulled a truck box aux fuel tank combo unit out and was planning on using for this truck. Unfortunately, the 2017 bed won't allow the width of the tank due to tank hold downs (they bolt thru the bed). And even if I got a it installed, it would block the Box Links which I really like. So then I thought I'd forego the aux tank and get a couple of those pivot storage box units until a) I saw the price, b) they too would block not only the rear box links but the LED lights too and c) the drivers side would block the 7 pin connection.

Thinking I may just skip the toolbox altogether and just enjoy having that extra space in the bed of the truck. The storage box under the rear seat may have to house my tools, etc.

But I will say.....that spray in bed liner is super thick! Really, really glad I got that option.

#5 ·
Great looking truck, BTW, would you happen to have dimensions from the cab edge of the box to the front boxlink points? I was thinking of putting my toolbox in and hadn't thought about losing the front tie downs.

#7 ·
One other thing I'm not totally enthralled with is the 27.5k# 5th wheel hitch. It's a Reese and nothing like my old B&W. When I drive down the road with the rear window open, it makes so much noise (rattling) that you have close the window. Just seems cheap/flimsy compared to the B&W.

#8 ·
Congrats on a beautiful truck. Going on the 3rd week with mine and only 700 miles on the clock. These '17's are nice!

Reactions: jd4010
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.