Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

crap your pants alarm

6K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  manowell 
#1 ·
anyone know how disable the loud a$$ honk that alarms when you step out of the truck carrying the fob in you pocket? scares the crap out of me every time!

Cheers

#3 ·
Ford could have put a "chirp chirp" alert that would have cost a buck. ANYTHING would be better than a fricking fracking heart attack!
Where'd that little Ford "idea light bulb" go on this one?

#5 ·
We need a write up on this. So anyone who has done so, please share. I have FORscan but am running it on an iPad and hence cannot change settings. Would have to change to a Windows device --- but willing to do so if needed.

#6 ·
I made the changes with the forscan program and Bluetooth dongle from amazon. It's soooo nice!!! No more double horn honk! And you can enable fog lights to stay on with high beams as well

Reactions: jimbob394
#9 ·
Can't wait to turn off the double honk. What were they thinking?
It's a safety feature to prevent people from leaving their vehicles running after parking them in the garage and going inside for an eternal nap. It's acutally happened several times to people with newer quieter cars with push start ignitions. I guess it's just easier to leave it running when you no longer have to remove the key from the ignition.

But I agree, annoying as hell because I'm constantly getting out of my truck while it's running.

And yes FORSCAN is the only way to turn it off. There is no setting or secret trick like with the seatbelt chime.

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.